× Members

ESA 0points - what happens now?

• Judith
  • Topic Author
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #103203 by Judith
Replied by Judith on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Good News today everyone :)

Have received letter from DWP re ESA allowance whilst appealing and when I checked with my bank this morning I had received a credit in my account yesterday. This has improved our finances but no information was given regarding "what happens next"? Will I receive paperwork regarding my appeal shortly or will I not hear until my hearing is listed?

My thanks to mods and support from other members B) Judith
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #103204 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?

Judith wrote: Good News today everyone :)

Have received letter from DWP re ESA allowance whilst appealing and when I checked with my bank this morning I had received a credit in my account yesterday. This has improved our finances but no information was given regarding "what happens next"? Will I receive paperwork regarding my appeal shortly or will I not hear until my hearing is listed?

My thanks to mods and support from other members B) Judith

It sounds like you are now receiving the ESA Assessment rate.

You are currently in the Reconsideration phase, during which a DWP Decision Maker will look at all of the evidence to see whether they can revise the original Decision, if they are unable to do so, then you will receive an evidence "packet" with all of the documentation involved in the Decision and your file will be passed on to the Tribunal Service for a hearing to be convened.

There is still an opportunity for you to get the Decision changed in the short term if you have additional evidence or can make a submission, better explaining your problems.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judith

• Judith
  • Topic Author
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107062 by Judith
Hello everyone - am tagging this onto my thread which gives you all my previous information. After registering my appeal in April I duly received ESA Assessment rate and have heard nothing further yet.

However, on Friday last 5th July I received my normal ESA payment of £143.40 (2 weekly) and then I discovered another credit for £68.10. I know it is from the government because the reference on my bank account is the letter and first 2 figures of my NI number - I contacted my bank to ask who had sent it but they don't know :( I accept that it is a nice surprise but I have not received any more correspondence from DWP. Just wondered if any of the mods could throw some light on this for me please.

Many thanks in advance :)
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107063 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?

Judith wrote: Hello everyone - am tagging this onto my thread which gives you all my previous information. After registering my appeal in April I duly received ESA Assessment rate and have heard nothing further yet.

However, on Friday last 5th July I received my normal ESA payment of £143.40 (2 weekly) and then I discovered another credit for £68.10. I know it is from the government because the reference on my bank account is the letter and first 2 figures of my NI number - I contacted my bank to ask who had sent it but they don't know :( I accept that it is a nice surprise but I have not received any more correspondence from DWP. Just wondered if any of the mods could throw some light on this for me please.

Many thanks in advance :)

The £143.40 corresponds to two weeks at the Assessment rate ( 2 x £71.70), however, there is no way to know what the £68.10 is for.

I am afraid you need to contact the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Judith
  • Topic Author
10 years 10 months ago #107067 by Judith
Thanks Gordon, I was afraid you would say that :( !! Don't really fancy spending 30-60 minutes on the phone.

• Judith
  • Topic Author
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107073 by Judith
Gordon, took your advice, have phoned Job Centre Plus and DLA and neither of them have paid me any money extra to what I normally get, so am more mystified now. B)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris