× Members

URGENT HELP PLEASE! DLA Medical tomorrow

• oasis140711
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101435 by oasis140711
URGENT HELP PLEASE! DLA Medical tomorrow was created by oasis140711
I am in the process of appealing my new claim for DLA, I am currently on LRM. I received a letter last Friday dated 18th March to say that I have to go for a Medical on tuesday 26th March. I have received a letter today dated 21st March saying that they have changed the decision so your appeal will not continue.

They have awarded me LRM and MRC Indefinite

So....... do I still attend the Medical tomorrow...... apprently YES!

My partner telephone DLA and they said the Medical is still planned to go ahead ...... the person at DLA couldn't understand this himself!

Can the do this???

Please Help.

Regards

Sandera
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #101439 by Roidininki
Replied by Roidininki on topic URGENT HELP PLEASE! DLA Medical tomorrow
I would phone again yourself and ask to speak to a supervisor about this.

More
11 years 1 month ago #101441 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic URGENT HELP PLEASE! DLA Medical tomorrow

oasis140711 wrote: I am in the process of appealing my new claim for DLA, I am currently on LRM. I received a letter last Friday dated 18th March to say that I have to go for a Medical on tuesday 26th March. I have received a letter today dated 21st March saying that they have changed the decision so your appeal will not continue.

They have awarded me LRM and MRC Indefinite

So....... do I still attend the Medical tomorrow...... apprently YES!

My partner telephone DLA and they said the Medical is still planned to go ahead ...... the person at DLA couldn't understand this himself!

Can the do this???

Please Help.

Regards

Sandera

I will admit that it makes no sense.

If the DWP have revised their original Decision, then any evidence that results from this medical cannot be considered, they do not get to revise, the revised Decision.

The only way that they could do so, would be for them to make a new Decision on your claim, however, they should not re-assess any earlier than a year (even with an indefinite award), and I assume at worst, it no more than six months since the Decision that you appealed.

I would be tempted to call them again, ask to escalate the problem to a Customer Services Manager, the problem is that this may require a call back which might not happen this afternoon.

Gordon.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101445 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic URGENT HELP PLEASE! DLA Medical tomorrow
Hi o,

As Gordon says, they could not use any evidence from this "Medical" tomorrow, to revise the current revised award of DLA anyway. (under the scenario stated by Gordon)

Therefore, you may wish to inform The DWP of this, and inform them that any such "Medical" would be a waste of your time, ATOS resources, and tax payers money.

You are allowed to cancel an ATOS "Medical" once, maybe you could do this, thus giving you time to get it sorted out.

You are also supposed to be given 7 days clear notice of a "Medical " appointment.

You can contact ATOS on Tel : 0113 230 9175. or E- Mail :

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

It would be ATOS that you would need to contact to rearrange the appointment, etc.

The problem with calling the DWP number is that, as Gordon states it may take several calls over a couple of days before you get to speak to the relevant person.

Contact DLA Unit : www.gov.uk/disability-benefits-helpline

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• oasis140711
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101452 by oasis140711
Replied by oasis140711 on topic URGENT HELP PLEASE! DLA Medical tomorrow
Many thanks to your all for your advise, can I cancel the Medical at such short notice? And what reason for the cancellation?

Regards

Sandra
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago #101458 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic URGENT HELP PLEASE! DLA Medical tomorrow

oasis140711 wrote: Many thanks to your all for your advise, can I cancel the Medical at such short notice? And what reason for the cancellation?

Regards

Sandra

Hi,

You could ask that the "Medical" be postponed, until this obvious error is sorted out. You could cite the reasons for this with reference to the comments made by myself and Gordon.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.