× Members

URGENT HELP PLEASE! DLA Medical tomorrow

• oasis140711
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago #101468 by oasis140711
Replied by oasis140711 on topic URGENT HELP PLEASE! DLA Medical tomorrow
Thank you for your help.

My partner has just telephoned ATOS to cancel the Medical and they advised to telephone the centre where I would be having my Medical (I have great difficulty speaking on the phone as I have a severe stammer).

My representative from welfare rights is away on sick leave at the moment so she is not aware of any this as it had all happened so quickly.

Rather than my partner telephoning DLA again and asking to speak to someone in authority and getting nowhere, would you advise waiting for my representative to return from sick leave next week in a hope that she can resolve the error?

Do DLA have the right to cancel my award because the Medcial has been cancelled?

Thank you

Sandra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #101472 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic URGENT HELP PLEASE! DLA Medical tomorrow

oasis140711 wrote: Thank you for your help.

My partner has just telephoned ATOS to cancel the Medical and they advised to telephone the centre where I would be having my Medical (I have great difficulty speaking on the phone as I have a severe stammer).

My representative from welfare rights is away on sick leave at the moment so she is not aware of any this as it had all happened so quickly.

Rather than my partner telephoning DLA again and asking to speak to someone in authority and getting nowhere, would you advise waiting for my representative to return from sick leave next week in a hope that she can resolve the error?

Do DLA have the right to cancel my award because the Medcial has been cancelled?

Thank you

Sandra

If there is an opportunity for you to discuss this with your representative then you should do so, but it really depends on how quickly you can do this.

Based on your posts, there appears to be no reason why the DLA Unit would cancel your claim, they have made an award, without the need for this medical, so they cannot now say it is needed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• oasis140711
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102838 by oasis140711
Replied by oasis140711 on topic URGENT HELP PLEASE! DLA Medical tomorrow
UPDATE:

As advised I postponed my Medical on 25th March. In the meantime I have received another letter from DLA dated 9th April 2013 saying:

Before we can look again at your decision fo the allowance we need some more information. We call this reconsideration - We have been informed that you cancelled the Examing Medical Practioner. As this evidence is required, a further visit has been issued. Without this report you may not be able to continue to receive payments.

My representative has been on sick leave and I have only just been able to seen her today, briefly she didnt undertstand why the DLA wanted me to go for a Medical but she said that if I have the Medical they have right to take my DLA awards away from me. She tried to telephone DLA whilst I was there but couldn't get through so said she would write a letter tomorrow.

In the meantime, an ATOS Doctor left a message tonight at 6pm on my Mobile asking to telephone to arrange a Medical, my partner telephoned back but he did not answer so left a message.

Advise would be very much appreciated.

Should I just go ahead with the Medical (but then what if my awards are taken away from me?)

Can the ATOS Doctor just turn up at my home?

Thank you

I
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #102846 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic URGENT HELP PLEASE! DLA Medical tomorrow
Oasis

We are really not in a position to offer advice now that you have access to your advisor, they are aware of the details of your case, which we are not, they have seen the documentation, which we have not, and they have been able to discuss the latest events with you, which we have not.

My only comment, if that is the DWP are insisting that this medical take place, then it would seem in your best interest for it to occur.

With regard the medical, you are entitled to 7 days written notice of the appointment unless you choose to waive this requirement.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.