× Members

Income support & esa

More
11 years 1 month ago #101515 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Income support & esa

Tiswas wrote: Thanks Gordon, I did see something which said i could apply for income related esa but didnt think i could get it because i was on contribution based.
Thankyou for your help.

The way it works is that they calculate what you should receive with ESA(IR) and as long as it is more than the ESA(CB), you get paid the difference.

If you were transferred from IB, then you may be receiving a Transitional Payment, this will be added to your ESA(CB) as part of the calculation and may prevent your receiving the ESA(IR) top-up.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Fawlty
11 years 1 month ago #101516 by Fawlty
Replied by Fawlty on topic Income support & esa
Thanks for that Gordon, starting to wonder how much of the information in the letters I get is out of date or if they have already decided my fate before even filling in the ESA50, that letter with reference to JSA was a month before the ESA. :laugh:

More
11 years 1 month ago #101517 by Gordon

Tiswas wrote: Ah right. Well they sent me this letter with my award saying i could possibly be eligable for income related. I dont have a partner or any savings etc . Seems to be different everywhere :-) Well i will ask them anyway and see what they say. I know someone who gets esa,income support top up together. They are not due for assesment until 2015 though.

If you are currently receiving Income Support due to Incapacity you will definitely be transferred to ESA(IR), as you will not qualify for ESA(CB).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 1 month ago #101518 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Income support & esa

Tiswas wrote: Seems to be different everywhere :-)

It certainly shouldn't be, the rules are the same wherever you are (except, possibly, in Northern Ireland).

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101519 by Gordon

Fawlty wrote: Thanks for that Gordon, starting to wonder how much of the information in the letters I get is out of date or if they have already decided my fate before even filling in the ESA50, that letter with reference to JSA was a month before the ESA. :laugh:

Some of the standard DWP letters appear to be referring to JSA, even though the claimant is in receipt of ESA, I would not worry about it. Just another example of DWP incompetence.

Gordon

Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fawlty

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.