× Members

ATOS medical assessment for National contributions

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101577 by inmank
Has anyone had to attend an Atos medical so they can see if you are allowed to have your national insurance contributions continued to be paid? I don't get any ESA (appealed and lost )and only got the lower rate of carers DLA. So I have only £20.55 per week. So why on earth do they need to humiliate me any more by saying I need to attend an ATOS medical assessment for national insurance contributions. I have visited a rhumetoid consultant yesterday who has now diagnosed Fibromyalgia and he says I will never go back to work. My wife and I are at our wits end, no money and now faced with more assessments. What more does this goverment want from us?
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #101579 by slugsta
Hi rog,

Someone who has been on contributary WRAG for 365 days will lose entitlement to any payment (if not entited to income-related ESA) but NI credits will be made as long as they remain classed as unfit for work. In order to check that the claimant is still unfit for work periodic reassessments will be made - this can include ESA50s and face-to-face assessments.

However, you say that you are not entitled to ESA. In that case I would not expect any NI credits to be made to your account, nor would I expect further reassessments to be made.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101582 by inmank
When I phoned them today, going around all the houses, they said it was because I have a live claim and that if I didn't attend they would stop my national insurance contributions.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101584 by lancashire-lass
Replied by lancashire-lass on topic ATOS medical assessment for National contributions
Hi rog,
I had to attend my ATOS assessment this morning in Manchester. I used to receive ESA but had my full 12 months entitlement and am now just receiving carers allowance. I too asked why I needed to attend and was informed that it was to ensure that my national insurance stamp continued to be covered - but receiving carers allowance covers my stamp!
I queued for 45 minutes after my appointment time, and spent less than 5 minutes being assessed as the "medical practitioner" had in his file a full and comprehensive letter from my GP with all my relevant medical info.
So - thanks for coming, and I'll recommend you into the support group!
Half a day wasted travelling into Manchester and back home again, arranging cover for my disabled husband whilst I was out - all to be told they already had all my medical records!!

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101586 by Gordon

rog wrote: When I phoned them today, going around all the houses, they said it was because I have a live claim and that if I didn't attend they would stop my national insurance contributions.

Having your payments stopped due to the 365 day time limit does not mean that you are no longer entitled to ESA, you are still in effect in the WRAG. Providing you maintain your Limited Capability for Work status, if a future assessment places you in the Support Group, then your ESA(CB) payments will be re-instated.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 1 month ago #101587 by Gordon

lancashire-lass wrote: Hi rog,
I had to attend my ATOS assessment this morning in Manchester. I used to receive ESA but had my full 12 months entitlement and am now just receiving carers allowance. I too asked why I needed to attend and was informed that it was to ensure that my national insurance stamp continued to be covered - but receiving carers allowance covers my stamp!
I queued for 45 minutes after my appointment time, and spent less than 5 minutes being assessed as the "medical practitioner" had in his file a full and comprehensive letter from my GP with all my relevant medical info.
So - thanks for coming, and I'll recommend you into the support group!
Half a day wasted travelling into Manchester and back home again, arranging cover for my disabled husband whilst I was out - all to be told they already had all my medical records!!

If the recommendation by the ATOS assessor is accepted by the DWP Decision Maker then your ESA(CB) payments should be re-instated from that date, so it may not have been a wasted journey.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.