× Members

Esa appeal rate

• Ste Mitch
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101955 by Ste Mitch
Esa appeal rate was created by Ste Mitch
I have just joined this site today and im wondering wheather its worth appealing my esa and if i fail my medical what the appeal rate is these days as everything has changed since last year.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #101957 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa appeal rate

Ste Mitch wrote: I have just joined this site today and im wondering wheather its worth appealing my esa and if i fail my medical what the appeal rate is these days as everything has changed since last year.

Welcome to B&W you might want to have a look at the following which explains where everything is on the site.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I am afraid, even if you had provided details of your claim, we cannot advise on whether a member should appeal or not!

The following explains what you would be paid if you appeal

What will I be paid while I appeal?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ste Mitch

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101958 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Esa appeal rate
Hi,

These figures were issued in Jan 2012, so I am not sure if there are any others that are more up to date :

www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/?id=2012-01...iderations#g87926.r0

Around 38% of claimants are now being placed into The SG.

As Gordon says, an individual's potential success rate, would depend on their own individual limitations, and how much of a compelling case they put forward.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• Ste Mitch
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101985 by Ste Mitch
Replied by Ste Mitch on topic Esa appeal rate 2
Thanks to the people who replyed before. Your advice was good though i can now see that ESA is more complecated than ever. I have recently gone back on ESA (income based). I have to decide what to do as my sick note runs out on friday the 12th of April. I have been to 2 medicals in the past and scored zero points both times. I won my 1st appeal but lost the second 1 and had to go on JSA in october. I tried to do a college course but fell ill again as i suffer from depression and (severe anxiety when in public places).

I really want to appeal but i am scared that i will fail the medical and will be unable to live off the appeal rate. I understand with the info i got before that the rate depends on your circumstances. I would love some figures if anyone has anymore info.

The last time i failed a medical I got £71.00 a week that was the appeal rate last year. Obviously thats the rate now for the first 13 weeks. So is it less than that, or does it again depend on the circumstances.

Can anyone help?
Or direct me to where I can find out.

More
11 years 1 month ago #101986 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa appeal rate 2

Ste Mitch wrote: Thanks to the people who replyed before. Your advice was good though i can now see that ESA is more complecated than ever. I have recently gone back on ESA (income based). I have to decide what to do as my sick note runs out on friday the 12th of April. I have been to 2 medicals in the past and scored zero points both times. I won my 1st appeal but lost the second 1 and had to go on JSA in october. I tried to do a college course but fell ill again as i suffer from depression and (severe anxiety when in public places).

I really want to appeal but i am scared that i will fail the medical and will be unable to live off the appeal rate. I understand with the info i got before that the rate depends on your circumstances. I would love some figures if anyone has anymore info.

The last time i failed a medical I got £71.00 a week that was the appeal rate last year. Obviously thats the rate now for the first 13 weeks. So is it less than that, or does it again depend on the circumstances.

Can anyone help?
Or direct me to where I can find out.

The Assessment rate for a single adult over 25 is currently £71.00 but goes up to £71.70 from next week, as you are on ESA(IR) what you actually receive will dependant on your circumstances, especially if you have a partner.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ste Mitch

• Ste Mitch
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101992 by Ste Mitch
Replied by Ste Mitch on topic Esa appeal rate 2 continued
I live with my parents so i have no official rent to pay i have no kids and im single. I understand that all of them factors would come into it. Like i say the appeal rate i got after i failed my medical last year was £71.00 a week.

Is there no simple rate for my circumstances now, or is it all medically assesed and rated on your incapabillity to work.

I have not been to the medical yet, but last time i went it was a very young worker who carried out my assesment, and theres no way the worker was medically qulified. So im not very confident that i would pass this time.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.