× Members

Work-focused Interviews - experiences?

• Brian
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago #102528 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Work-focused Interviews - experiences?
Thanks for your reply. I got that bit from somewhere other than your site - lesson learned perhaps :blush: - so that leaves me just with did any discussion take place at the WFI about the likelihood of Work-focussed activities at this stage?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago #102531 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Work-focused Interviews - experiences?

Brian wrote: Thanks for your reply. I got that bit from somewhere other than your site - lesson learned perhaps :blush: - so that leaves me just with did any discussion take place at the WFI about the likelihood of Work-focussed activities at this stage?

Don't worry B,

There is an awful lot of conflicting information out there.

Hopefully one of our other members with personal experience with regards to your query will respond. :)

bro58

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago #102532 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Work-focused Interviews - experiences?
Hi B,

If you have some time to spare, you may wish to browse through this list of posts that came up when I put WFI into the site search facility.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=sea...tids=10&limitstart=0

You may finds some of the posts helpful.

bro58

• Brian
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago #102536 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Work-focused Interviews - experiences?
Hi bro

Just had a quick skip through and it looks worthy of a detailed study tomorrow - got to leave shortly.

Many thanks

Brian

More
11 years 1 month ago #102548 by GAP23
Replied by GAP23 on topic Work-focused Interviews - experiences?
Hello Brian,

Hope you had a good weekend and that your partner was not too preoccupied with the WFI to take place this week.

At my brother's WFI last week no mention whatsoever was made about him doing any work focused or work related activities, my brother though expecting such discussions to take place. He had looked at the guidance on this website for WFI's had done some preparation in anticipation but nothing was discussed. At the end of the interview I even asked the Advisor was there anything my brother should be doing before his next WFI which Advisor had already told us would be in approx. 6 months time and the Advisor said no nothing.

To me it seemed to be a 'fact finding' interview, the Advisor sat at a workstation which was totally bare expect for the computer and Advisor just entered the information my brother gave him in response to the questions he asked him. There were no papers or documents on the workstation and my brother was not given any documents to take away with him either. Maybe at the next WFI in 6 months time they might discuss and explore work focused and work related activities with my brother - who know?! :unsure:

Again every good wish for your partners WFI

Maureen

• pip
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #102563 by pip
Replied by pip on topic Work-focused Interviews - experiences?
hello brian. i had my first WFI this morning (monday) by phone. she took down my school and university qualifications on her computer. the next will be in 5 months time. she said she wouldn't send me on the work programme as mandatory, as i have made an appeal about the WCA and decision to place me in WRAG (than SG). maybe a moderator can clarify whether the work programme is mandatory and universal at the first WFI for you.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris