× Members

ESA Claim rejected.

• bro58
11 years 2 weeks ago #102744 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Claim rejected.

Brynogwy wrote: Another indicator of how many assessments your wife has had, is, how many ESA50 Questionnaires has she had to fill in and return to ATOS ?

Only ever filled in the one.

Can you remember when this was ?

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102745 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Claim rejected.

bro58 wrote:

Mrs Hurtyback wrote: It is likely that the 'chat on the phone with somebody from the Jobcentre' could have been a 'work focused interview'.

Could well be MHB, however B states that this was "many years ago"

IB to ESA transfers only began in March 2011.

bro58

Sorry, I didn't see any reference to 'many years ago'. The whole situation seems very confusing, it looks as if neither the claimant nor DWP are sure what is going on :unsure:

As it is now nearly 17.30, I am going to sign off for now, whether the forum has been closed or not!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta.

• bro58
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102747 by bro58

bro58 wrote:

Brynogwy wrote: Another indicator of how many assessments your wife has had, is, how many ESA50 Questionnaires has she had to fill in and return to ATOS ?

Only ever filled in the one.

bro58

Hi B,

Further, another reason that I am confused it that you seem to be saying that your wife did not submit a fit note/sick note (MED 3) obtained from her G.P. when appealing the fit for work decision, which one must do to be entitled to payment of assessment rate of ESA whilst appealing, then on the other hand you state that she has exhausted her 365 days payment to CB ESA ?

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

• Brynogwy
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago #102748 by Brynogwy
Replied by Brynogwy on topic ESA Claim rejected.
12/6/12

• Brynogwy
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago #102749 by Brynogwy
Replied by Brynogwy on topic ESA Claim rejected.
Further, another reason that I am confused it that you seem to be saying that your wife did not submit a fit note/sick note (MED 3) obtained from her G.P. when appealing the fit for work decision, which one must do to be entitled to payment of assessment rate of ESA whilst appealing,

never heard of this before

then on the other hand you state that she has exhausted her 365 days payment to CB ESA ?

I have found a letter dated 5/9/12 from the jobcentre saying that ESA will stop on the 5/9/12

i have to go sorry, thanks for your help and i will respond tomorrow

• bro58
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102750 by bro58

Brynogwy wrote: Can you remember when this was ?
12/6/12

Hi B,

As MHB states there does seem to be an awfully lot of confusion here, and some anomalies as already pointed out by myself.

You need to clarify with DWP the following :

On what date was your wife migrated over to ESA from IB ?

How many ESA WCA Assessments has she had, paper scrutiny, or face to face ?

On what dates did these assessments take place ?

What were the outcomes of any assessments that she may have had (With dates of the decisions) ?

You can request this information verbally over the phone, but it may well take 3 or 4 calls before you get to speak to someone who knows what they are talking about. You could also make a formal written request for this information using a SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

I feel that we may well have answered your queries within this topic.

However, as there is so much confusion it is hard to say..

It may well be best to seek face to face advice, where the adviser has access to all your personal details.

There are potential sources of such advice below :

Where to get advice?

Or you could put Welfare Rights/Advice into your internet search engine with your Town/Postcode.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.