× Members

30 days in Support Group then sent another ESA50

• Tonytoon
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102719 by Tonytoon
Hi all,

My blood is boiling,please offer your thoughts on my plight.

Early December 2012 received first ESA50 to migrate from incapacity benefit.
Completed it and sent it to Atos in early January.

Attended my GPs mid January after he had received a request to examine me from Atos.
Received letter from DWP two weeks later stating I had been placed in WRAG.No Atos medical.

Appealed this early February via form GL24 as I thought I met the criteria for the Support Group and in early March received a letter from DWP saying that they had reconsidered the evidence on my original ESA50 and evidence from my GP and had found in my favour.They placed me in the Support Group.

Unbelieveably 30 days later,yesterday I receive another Limited capability for work questionnaire and a return date for the for mid May.

Surely this cant be correct.Can they review me after only 30 days.Is this some sought of world record?

Any thoughts most welcome.
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #102722 by slugsta
The date for reassessment is counted from the date of the first decision (the one that you appealed against) and the DWP can reassess at any stage after 3 months from then. Even so, such an early reassessment is unusual and, in your position, I think I might be letting my MP know the reality of the situation!

Contacting your MP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonytoon

• bro58
11 years 2 weeks ago #102724 by bro58

Tonytoon wrote: Hi all,

My blood is boiling,please offer your thoughts on my plight.

Early December 2012 received first ESA50 to migrate from incapacity benefit.
Completed it and sent it to Atos in early January.

Attended my GPs mid January after he had received a request to examine me from Atos.
Received letter from DWP two weeks later stating I had been placed in WRAG.No Atos medical.

Appealed this early February via form GL24 as I thought I met the criteria for the Support Group and in early March received a letter from DWP saying that they had reconsidered the evidence on my original ESA50 and evidence from my GP and had found in my favour.They placed me in the Support Group.

Unbelieveably 30 days later,yesterday I receive another Limited capability for work questionnaire and a return date for the for mid May.

Surely this cant be correct.Can they review me after only 30 days.Is this some sought of world record?

Any thoughts most welcome.

Hi Tt,

As the decision to place you into the SG by the DM at the automatic reconsideration stage, is actually a remaking of the original WRAG award that you appealed, in effect you have been in The SG since that time.

Therefore, it would seem that you have been in the SG since end of Jan 2013.

Each ESA award comes with a prognosis, which is the recommended length of time before you should be reassessed.

The shortest prognosis is 3 months, then they vary to 6, 9, 12, 18 24 or 36 months. SG awards "generally" gain a longer prognosis, see :

How often will I be reviewed

An ESA50 is generally sent out several weeks, before a prognosis is due to end to allow for the 4 weeks to fill it in and return it it, and any face to face that may be needed, etc, etc.

So it could actually be the case that you had a 6 months prognosis.

The prognosis is only a recommendation, and even though the DWP usually abide by it, they do not have to.

You should therefore fill in and return the ESA50 by the deadline given.

Which version of The ESA50 is it, the 01/2013, or the 03/11 ?

bro58

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #102725 by Roidininki
Replied by Roidininki on topic 30 days in Support Group then sent another ESA50
Almost the same thing happened to a person I represent.
Have you been paid at the SG rate by the way since the first date of the decision?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonytoon

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #102726 by Roidininki
Replied by Roidininki on topic 30 days in Support Group then sent another ESA50
bro 58 person with incurable mental disorder I represent put into SG after asking for original decison for WRAG placing , never received notification of prognosis .Eventaully found out by phoning JC+office dealing with claim that it was for 6 months only.

• bro58
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102729 by bro58

Roidininki wrote: bro 58 person with incurable mental disorder I represent put into SG after asking for original decison for WRAG placing , never received notification of prognosis .Eventaully found out by phoning JC+office dealing with claim that it was for 6 months only.

Hi R,

Claimants are not usually informed of the length of a prognosis as a matter of course, they have to request it.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.