× Members

Work Focused Interviews

• TiredOut
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102956 by TiredOut
Work Focused Interviews was created by TiredOut
I have severe CFS/ME and associated conditions. I am currently appealing to be placed in the Support Group, having been placed in the WRAG, but have heard nothing (appeal submitted in January).

I received a letter directing me to a WFI at a JobCentrePlus 20 miles from my home. My carer wrote saying it was impossible for me to get there and I have now received another letter directing me to attend a centre nearer home - but - letter received today, appointment this Friday.

My carer is not available to take me this Friday and there is no-one else I can ask - I cannot cope with this sort of situation alone.

What is the best thing for me to do? And will the fact that I was relocated centre already go against me if my carer rings or writes to tell them I can't go this week?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #102961 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Work Focused Interviews
The JobCentre advisor might be prepared to carry out the interview over the phone, or even in your own home, so it is worth getting your carer to phone and speak to him/her. However, this is entirely at the descretion of the advisor. Any interviews are supposed to take into account your limitations and make 'reasonable adjustments' for these so it is worth thinking about what, if anything, would enable you to undertake these interviews if the advisor insists that they should take place at the JobCentre. If you can only attend on a day that your carer is available, you could argue that this would count as a reasonable adjustment.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: TiredOut

• TiredOut
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102964 by TiredOut
Replied by TiredOut on topic Work Focused Interviews
Can anyone tell me what to expect from a WFI, please?
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by .

11 years 2 weeks ago #102967 by
Replied by on topic Work Focused Interviews

TiredOut wrote: Can anyone tell me what to expect from a WFI, please?

Hi TO,

It can vary, the initial interview should be related to your previous works history, any qualifications, any limitations as a result of your medical conditions that you suffer, etc, etc.

Some members have found the JCP Advisers helpful, when they have been made aware of the claimant's full medical history and limitations.

See :

Work Focussed Interviews

Work Programme

Changes to ESA Sanctions

bro58

• saturnine84
11 years 2 weeks ago #102974 by saturnine84
Replied by saturnine84 on topic Work Focused Interviews
Hi, I'm in the same situation as yourself with the same illness. My wfi is due to take place next Monday and like yourself I cannot go out without someone with me. So I phoned my advisor direct and told him my situation he was very supportive and said he could conduct the interview over the phone. Hope you can do the same.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #102982 by Billy
Replied by Billy on topic Work Focused Interviews
Hi TO
Iam also appealing wrag to support group I phoned my JC Advisor and she deferred my appointment for two months
The following user(s) said Thank You: TiredOut

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.