× Members

Support Group

• Sukiwarror
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #103658 by Sukiwarror
Support Group was created by Sukiwarror
a few questions about Support group.

1 If one gets in to the support group after 1st assessment with Atos, do they give you a time scale for being in that group and are you left alone for that period. If one gets a say a 1 year to begin what happens at the end of that year is another assessment all over again. What is the shortest time they would give.

2 if one gets in to the support group what amount doe the benefit rise from the £71.70 we get now and is it backdated.

Many thanks
SW
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #103659 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Support Group

Sukiwarror wrote: a few questions about Support group.

1 If one gets in to the support group after 1st assessment with Atos, do they give you a time scale for being in that group and are you left alone for that period. If one gets a say a 1 year to begin what happens at the end of that year is another assessment all over again. What is the shortest time they would give.

2 if one gets in to the support group what amount doe the benefit rise from the £71.70 we get now and is it backdated.

Many thanks
SW

Hi Sw,

Any ESA award (WRAG or SG) comes with a prognosis, which is the recommended length of the award before reassessment.

This can vary from 3 months to 3 years, 2 to 3 months before the end of a prognosis, a claimant should expect to receive a new ESA50, which would start the reassessment process.

See : How often will I be reviewed from our :

ESA FAQ’s

If one is being transferred over to ESA from IB, IS or SDA and they are placed in either The WRAG or SG, they can not be paid any less than they were receiving prior to transfer, under Transitional Protection.

See :

What will I be paid?

&

What will I be transferred to?

From our :

IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

The SG Component is currently £34 .80. On top of this, if you can pass the means test for IR ESA, you may also be entitled to the Enhanced Disability Premium, which is a further £15.15.

Please see : Benefit Rate Increases from April 2013

bro58

• bro58
11 years 2 weeks ago #103661 by bro58

bro58 wrote:

Sukiwarror wrote: a few questions about Support group.

Many thanks
SW

Hi Sw,

Any ESA award (WRAG or SG) comes with a prognosis, which is the recommended length of the award before reassessment.

This can vary from 3 months to 3 years, 2 to 3 months before the end of a prognosis, a claimant should expect to receive a new ESA50, which would start the reassessment process.

See : How often will I be reviewed from our :

ESA FAQ’s

If one is being transferred over to ESA from IB, IS or SDA and they are placed in either The WRAG or SG, they can not be paid any less than they were receiving prior to transfer, under Transitional Protection.

See :

What will I be paid?

&

What will I be transferred to?

From our :

IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

The SG Component is currently £34 .80. On top of this is you can pass the means test for IR ESA, you may also be entitled to the Enhanced Disability Premium, which is a further £15.15.

Please see : Benefit Rate Increases from April 2013

bro58

With respect to Q2, if this is a fresh claim for ESA, and you are awarded WRAG or SG after your face to face.

The WRA Component or The SG Component would be payable from week 14 of the claim.

bro58

• Sukiwarror
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #103662 by Sukiwarror
Replied by Sukiwarror on topic Support Group
Thanks.

Is the SG component back dated as it is over 8 months ago I started on ESA.

When I get their decision will it inform me of the time period.

• bro58
11 years 2 weeks ago #103663 by bro58

Sukiwarror wrote: Thanks.

Is the SG component back dated as it is over 8 months ago I started on ESA.

When I get their decision will it inform me of the time period.

Hi Sw,

If as I am assuming this was a fresh claim for ESA, and you haven't been transferred over from IB, IS or SDA, (as it is not clear which is the case from this or your previous posts) then the SG Component would be backdated from the beginning of week 14 of your claim.

When you receive a decision notice from The DWP, it will not inform you of the prognosis.

You would have to either phone up and/or write to request this.

bro58

• Sukiwarror
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago #103665 by Sukiwarror
Replied by Sukiwarror on topic Support Group
Yes. This is my first time ever to claim for any benefit.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.