× Members

X-rays and MRI scan info for appeal

• phil67
  • Topic Author
11 years 5 days ago - 11 years 5 days ago #104080 by phil67
X-rays and MRI scan info for appeal was created by phil67
Hi,I have been put into the Wrag group and have appealed to be put into the support group,my appeal will be heard on the 31st of this month,I've recently had X-rays of the cervical spine for proof of cervical and lumber sponylosis,the X-ray confirms disc space narrowing and degenerative changes in discs,I'm just waiting on the results of the MRI scan which I should have next week,what I need to know is this evidence enough for me to put to the tribunal or do I need more,it's just that I'm starting to run out of time and worried that its not enough evidence,.
Last edit: 11 years 5 days ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 days ago #104083 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic X-rays and MRI scan info for appeal
Hi phil,

XRays and MRI scans can prove that you have the condition/s that you say you do, but neither ESA nor DLA are given because of particular conditions (in the main), they are given because the claimant meets specific criteria. Of course, showing that you do have a certain condition is helpful, but you should look at providing some evidence of the way that you meet the Support Group descriptors if possible.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
11 years 5 days ago - 11 years 5 days ago #104086 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic X-rays and MRI scan info for appeal
Hi p67,

Whilst paying heed to MHB's good advice.

Any evidence that you may obtain, including X-rays, MRI's, etc, must be pertinent to the medical conditions and resulting limitations that you suffered from at the time of the adverse decision, and not at any time since.

The Tribunal will only look at such evidence, and will not take into account any deterioration or the development of any new conditions since then.

Therefore, it is important that any freshly obtained evidence is tied to the time of the adverse WRAG decision.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 5 days ago by bro58.

• phil67
  • Topic Author
11 years 5 days ago - 11 years 5 days ago #104090 by phil67
Replied by phil67 on topic X-rays and MRI scan info for appeal
Thanks to the both of you for your advice which I have took on board,I have a letter as well from my doctor to back up the X-ray stating its relation to my ongoing medical problems that date back to 1989,when I go to the appeal will I need explain the relevance to the problems I face ie walking lifting etc.

• phil67
  • Topic Author
11 years 5 days ago #104094 by phil67
Replied by phil67 on topic X-rays and MRI scan info for appeal
Mrs hurts back thanks for your reply,will a letter from my doctor stating my problems be evidence of my limitations.

• bro58
11 years 5 days ago - 11 years 5 days ago #104100 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic X-rays and MRI scan info for appeal

phil67 wrote: Thanks to the both of you for your advice which I have took on board,I have a letter as well from my doctor to back up the X-ray stating its relation to my ongoing medical problems that date back to 1989,when I go to the appeal will I need explain the relevance to the problems I face ie walking lifting etc.

Hi p67,

As MHB has correctly advised, although it is important to prove that you suffer from your stated medical conditions with documented medical evidence. To gain access to The SG, you must show that the resulting limitations fulfill at least one of The Functional SG Descriptors:

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2011/228/schedule/2/made?view=plain

and/or you qualify under Exceptional Circumstances, under ESA Reg 35 : ESA Reg 35 for entry to The SG (LCWRA)

See also : Qualifying for the Support Group

You could do this in a one or two page submission, highlighting which of The SG Descriptors you feel that you fulfill, and drawing reference to the corresponding supporting evidence.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.