× Members

DLA medical report

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #104377 by Bryando
DLA medical report was created by Bryando
I got a medical done on me for DLA at the request of the Tribunal service. Got the report but we are unable to read it. The handwriting is shocking.

Was told by the tribunal service there is nothing they can do, this correct? I have to expect the tribunal to read me it. Not at all happy with that. I asked what if the tribunal can't read it, just hope they can.

Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #104383 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA medical report

Bryando wrote: I got a medical done on me for DLA at the request of the Tribunal service. Got the report but we are unable to read it. The handwriting is shocking.

Was told by the tribunal service there is nothing they can do, this correct? I have to expect the tribunal to read me it. Not at all happy with that. I asked what if the tribunal can't read it, just hope they can.

Thanks

Get back in touch with the Tribunal Service and tell them that as they commissioned the report that you are entitled to a legible copy of it before the hearing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #104404 by Bryando
Replied by Bryando on topic DLA medical report

Gordon wrote:

Bryando wrote: I got a medical done on me for DLA at the request of the Tribunal service. Got the report but we are unable to read it. The handwriting is shocking.

Thanks

Get back in touch with the Tribunal Service and tell them that as they commissioned the report that you are entitled to a legible copy of it before the hearing.

Gordon

Are they obliged to do anything? She said there was nothing they can do. All they do is copy it to send to the applicant. Can I request another medical due to unable to read it? We can make the odd word out, it mentions a female name. Have never known a person by this name so have no idea what the Doc was referring to.

Very concerned I will be obliged to sit with poor concentration and try and take this report in. How am I suppose to mount a defence etc if we can't understand it.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #104411 by Gordon

Bryando wrote: Are they obliged to do anything? She said there was nothing they can do. All they do is copy it to send to the applicant. Can I request another medical due to unable to read it? We can make the odd word out, it mentions a female name. Have never known a person by this name so have no idea what the Doc was referring to.

Very concerned I will be obliged to sit with poor concentration and try and take this report in. How am I suppose to mount a defence etc if we can't understand it.

As far as I am aware you are entitled to this, but I would say this is also about how you approach the TS, so do not ask if they can provide one, tell them you need a typed copy of the report, tell them you are entitled to a legible copy in advance of the hearing, to fail to provide would undermine your right to "natural justice".

If they still refuse ask to speak to a manager.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 11 months ago #104417 by Bryando
Replied by Bryando on topic DLA medical report

Gordon wrote:

Bryando wrote: Are they obliged to do anything? She said there was nothing they can do. All they do is copy it to send to the applicant. Can I request another medical due to unable to read it? We can make the odd word out, it mentions a female name. Have never known a person by this name so have no idea what the Doc was referring to.

As far as I am aware you are entitled to this, but I would say this is also about how you approach the TS, so do not ask if they can provide one, tell them you need a typed copy of the report, tell them you are entitled to a legible copy in advance of the hearing, to fail to provide would undermine your right to "natural justice".

If they still refuse ask to speak to a manager.

Gordon

Phoned them today. They say they can't translate it or have the Doc type it up. I have to write a letter saying I can't read it and the tribunal will read this on the hearing.

What is the likely outcome here?

More
10 years 11 months ago #104423 by Gordon

Bryando wrote: Phoned them today. They say they can't translate it or have the Doc type it up. I have to write a letter saying I can't read it and the tribunal will read this on the hearing.

What is the likely outcome here?

It obviously depends on the content of the report, which clearly you do not know.

It strikes me that this opens up the Tribunal to either an adjournment on the day, or if they deliver an adverse Decision, a right to challenge the Decision due to a failure to discharge their responsibility to ensure natural justice.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.