× Members

DLA medical report

More
10 years 11 months ago #104425 by Bryando
Replied by Bryando on topic DLA medical report

Gordon wrote:

Bryando wrote: Phoned them today. They say they can't translate it or have the Doc type it up. I have to write a letter saying I can't read it and the tribunal will read this on the hearing.

What is the likely outcome here?

It obviously depends on the content of the report, which clearly you do not know.

It strikes me that this opens up the Tribunal to either an adjournment on the day, or if they deliver an adverse Decision, a right to challenge the Decision due to a failure to discharge their responsibility to ensure natural justice.

Gordon

The report mentions a female name, a person I have never known. I think it says carer named ... If it is that then they have it wrong!

Sent my MP a e-mail. I suffer from mental health and have problems with concentration, so trying to take in all the information in this report at once will be a challenge. Plus not knowing what is in it leaves me no room to challenge it or elaborate on points.

If they make a decision then I can't afford a lawyer to challenge it! :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #104434 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA medical report

Bryando wrote: The report mentions a female name, a person I have never known. I think it says carer named ... If it is that then they have it wrong!

Sent my MP a e-mail. I suffer from mental health and have problems with concentration, so trying to take in all the information in this report at once will be a challenge. Plus not knowing what is in it leaves me no room to challenge it or elaborate on points.

It is obviously preemptive and not the way you want it to go, but you would be eligible for Legal Aid for an appeal to the Upper Tribunal.

Contacting your MP is a good idea, sorry that I did not think of it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 11 months ago #104437 by Bryando

Gordon wrote:

Bryando wrote: The report mentions a female name, a person I have never known. I think it says carer named ... If it is that then they have it wrong!

It is obviously preemptive and not the way you want it to go, but you would be eligible for Legal Aid for an appeal to the Upper Tribunal.

Contacting your MP is a good idea, sorry that I did not think of it.

Gordon

This whole affair is stressing. I found the medical quite stressing, he was always asking leading questions. So you had a reply in your head but dawned on me later that this Doc is wanting certain answers! :evil:

If I need to have another medical done I will be ensuring my carer is present!

But you would have thought the handwriting would be decent as a few people need to read it!

More
10 years 11 months ago #104465 by Bryando
Just had a look at the guide re challenging the medical report, does not say much about when you can't read it.

More
10 years 3 days ago #120435 by Bryando
hi,

i won the tribunal. Ongoing award ,well forget PIP. If only....

They never mentioned the ATOS report seemed more keen on asking normal questions I expected. Told them straight and dismissed for 5 -10 mins and awarded :)

Currently the partner has lodged a PIP claim. So seeing how this pans!

• bro58
10 years 3 days ago - 10 years 3 days ago #120437 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA medical report

Bryando wrote: hi,

i won the tribunal. Ongoing award ,well forget PIP. If only....

They never mentioned the ATOS report seemed more keen on asking normal questions I expected. Told them straight and dismissed for 5 -10 mins and awarded :)

Currently the partner has lodged a PIP claim. So seeing how this pans!

Hi B,

Congratulations on winning your DLA appeal !! :cheer:

Thanks for letting us all know.

I hope your partner's PIP claim goes well, do please keep us updated regarding that.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 3 days ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.