× Members

Esa50 help

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #106463 by cc53
Esa50 help was created by cc53
Hi,

I wonder if you can help. I received a letter from DWP today and I am really confused about what the letter means.
It starts by saying my Benefit is changing to ESA from 11th July and will replace my incapacity benefit.
Further down says you are entitled to contribution based ESA, is taxable etc and goes on to explain that part.
Then says I may also be entitled to income related ESA if do not have enough money coming in, details n how can apply for this included in this letter.
Next says, you have now been placed in the support group because your illness or disability restricts possibility of working etc.... (also says this means you do not have to take part in any work related activity etc..)
Moves on to explain what to do if think decision is wrong, how money will be paid, how to go about enquiring getting income related ESA etc..
Then it goes into detail of What is work focused health related assessment, work focused interview and details of help etc.
Further on goes on to give the break down of my ESA award
Living expenses -
Limited capability for work addition, broken down into - Extra money because you are in the support group-
Top up payment - .
It says at the end of this- amounts on this page apply from 11th July 2013 to 27th November 2013.
My apologies for putting so much of the letter on this question but the above are all the points im struggling to understand and really confused as to what the letter means.
I thought I previously read that if you get put on contribution based ESA you will only get it for a year and your benefit will end.
Then when I saw the dates on the bottom of my letter (11th July 2013 - 27th November), does that mean I will only be getting my money until 27th November.
I have tried looking at the guides etc but I am really confused and in a panic as to what it all means so wondered if someone could let me know in more simple terms what it all means.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #106473 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa50 help
cc53

Based on what you have posted you have been placed in the Support Group following a successful transfer from IB to ESA.

You have been placed on ESA(CB) because you were previously receiving IB, however, having been placed in the SG you may also be eligible for the Enhanced Disability Premium, if you are also entitled to an ESA(IR) top up, which will be dependant on your personal circumstances which include, family income, assets and savings, and any hours that a partner works.

You should request an ESA3 form from the DWP which will allow you detail this information.

As you are in the SG there is no limit to the time you can receive ESA(CB), it will only be if at a future assessment you are transferred to the WRAG that the one year will start.

The date in November is a DWP administrative date and does reflect the time to your next assessment except by coincidence, the DWP may be able to tell you when you will be re-assessed over the phone, but if not, request your ESA85 if you had an assessment, or your ESA85A if you did not, the prognosis is used to set this date.

Congratulations on the award :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: cc53

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #106557 by cc53
Replied by cc53 on topic Esa50 help
Hi Gordon,

Thanks so much for explaining it all to me, I was in such a panic when I received the letter and it was so long winded I couldn't get my head around it. Certainly wasn't expecting good news and so quickly after sending back the ESA50.
Massive thanks to this site and you all for the help to do the form, enabling me to migrate from IB to ESA SG (CB) successfully without a medical, such a huge relief!! :).

The other points you raised I will certainly look into but just wondered if you could explain/help with a couple of things.
Personal circumstances are-: Living with parents at the moment, on DLA high rate mobility, low rate care, ESA SG (CB) (Just awarded starts 11th July I think). ESA £106.50 +5.55 top up so wont see reduction = 112.05 a week.

At the moment would you think I would be entitled to anything else?
Also next year I will be moving in with my boyfriend, nothing will change for me personally as I will be just giving him board money so to speak like I do my parents but I have heard before that if I do move in with someone i could loose my benefits.

No rush to respond to extra questions just wondering really and finding out where i stand.

Thanks again for all your help, much appreciated

Claire

More
10 years 10 months ago #106577 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa50 help
Claire

I cannot give you definitive answers, but based on what you have posted, you look like you would be eligible for an ESA(IR) top-up.

If you move in with your boyfriend, then you will need to tell the DWP about this as it will be a Change of Circumstances, you ESA(CB) should not be affected but you will be treated as a couple, and this may affect your ESA(IR) top-up, as your boyfriends income, assets and savings, and any hours that he works will be looked at.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #106580 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Esa50 help
If you were placed in the WRAG at any future reassessment, you would be entitled to 365 days before means-testing and, at this stage, your partner's income would also be taken into account.

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by slugsta. Reason: for clarity

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107376 by cc53
Replied by cc53 on topic Esa50 help
Hi,

Thanks for all the advice.
I have just received an ESA3 to fill in after enquiring about IR ESA.

Just some quick questions if don't mind, does this mean my whole claim will be looked at again and I could be called for a medical? and will my ESA (CB) stop and put to IR

On the form it asks things like name of doctor who signs your medical statements, as I don't have sick notes anymore and haven't for years do I just put my usual g.p details in or leave.

Think I am possibly over thinking it and worrying too much but the whole thing gets makes me extremely panicked and don't think straight.

Any advice would be much appreciated :) :)

Many Thanks

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris