× Members

esa

• maz
  • Topic Author
10 years 9 months ago #107132 by maz
Replied by maz on topic esa
Hi Mrs Hurtyback thanks for that,will plod on

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maz
  • Topic Author
10 years 9 months ago #107135 by maz
Thanks for that advice Gordon If my doctor doesn't want to get involved I will Request my records I remember yrs ago at a Medical for IB that my doctor was on the board there and called me in when he saw me he transferred me to another doctor as he wasn't allowed to access his own patients,.I was accessed and was kept on IB, signing off now as the dreaded neck and back ache is too much at the moment.Will let you know how I get on this Friday, feel a bit more confident now I can only try and at least I know Ive done my best.

• maz
  • Topic Author
10 years 9 months ago #107267 by maz
Hi Gordon I hope it does,nt come to a tribunal, I have sent an my appeal in as I only had a few days left to submit, I have given lots of information as to how I am affected,and listed all my conditions,letters from consultants (no recent ones though as my doctor has said he carnt do anything else for these conditions not even stronger pain relief as take a fine balance of other meds.) I saw my doctor today and he is supporting me in my appeal and forwarding a letter to DWP. The DWP said as long as I have posted my appeal and it reaches them on time then my Doctors letter can be added later if they get it before 3 weeks time. My BP was up again even though had increase tablet cos of the ESA medical last yr been ok till now hope it goes down again soon maybe when I stop stressing having to fight like many others, but I was in turmoil before I joined your site and just to express what Im going through is good, having you all here is great,Thank You. Please everybody don't be afraid to appeal
take one step at a time read this forum and advice couldn't get anyone to understand how complex and
difficult the rules are still don't know now as find it hard to read and absorb besides the neck and back
pains.Here' hoping I get into SG.

• maz
  • Topic Author
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #107815 by maz
Hi Gordon
Do you think a letter from my doctor will help, I will check if they have received it soon, the doctor said he would list all my conditions but will this be enough , also when I discussed with the benefits office regarding an appeal they said this may take upto 12 mths but that my work related benefit would continue until the descision is made but on reading information you have given out in some of the cases on line you say that it will be stopped, mine is due to stop in sept this yr and my Appeal is in .
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 9 months ago #107823 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa

maz wrote: Hi Gordon
Do you think a letter from my doctor will help, I will check if they have received it soon, the doctor said he would list all my conditions but will this be enough , also when I discussed with the benefits office regarding an appeal they said this may take upto 12 mths but that my work related benefit would continue until the descision is made but on reading information you have given out in some of the cases on line you say that it will be stopped, mine is due to stop in sept this yr and my Appeal is in .

A letter from your GP is usually helpful, but will be more helpful if it relates your conditions to the ESA Descriptors, so one that says the patient has Rheumatoid Arthritis will be of less help than one that says that the patients ability to walk Xm is limited due to pain caused by their RA.

I you are receiving Contribution Based ESA, then payments will be limited to 365 days while you remain in the WRAG, however, if you are also eligible for Income Related ESA, payments should still continue.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: maz

• maz
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #108864 by maz
Hi Gordon thank you for your help so far My Doctor has written a letter for me I thought he said he would send it off for me,but again I didn't get it right and it has been waiting for me at the surgery for 2 weeks I rang to see if he had sent it off and they told me it was waiting for me to collect,anyway He has mentioned some of my conditions but not all but the one he has mentioned is the bladder which is a descriptor he has said that I am struggling on a daily basis with this, which is very true . I just hope that this isn't too late to add to my appeal rang the benefit agency told them the letter was on its way,and they said the appeal had been marked invalid because it was a late appeal but that it will be looked at by another group but they must be waiting for the additional information to arrive.Can I have your views on this please.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.