× Members

ATOS Assesment

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107048 by BrenC
ATOS Assesment was created by BrenC
Got called for an assesment in may was already on ESA( support group)
letter came this morning put me in the Work Related Activity Group.
With all the letters from doctors and consultants supporting my claim
i feel terribly cheated by this unfair system. Appeal they say but why
should i after working 37yrs for this country and no one to help when
you need it. Heart Attack- Diabetes- Severe back problems and to top
it all Bloody Depression cannot take much more. £82.00 a week to live
on take out my mortgage £25.00 for essentials savings nearly gone.
Cannot say any more.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #107049 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ATOS Assesment

BrenC wrote: Got called for an assesment in may was already on ESA( support group)
letter came this morning put me in the Work Related Activity Group.
With all the letters from doctors and consultants supporting my claim
i feel terribly cheated by this unfair system. Appeal they say but why
should i after working 37yrs for this country and no one to help when
you need it. Heart Attack- Diabetes- Severe back problems and to top
it all Bloody Depression cannot take much more. £82.00 a week to live
on take out my mortgage £25.00 for essentials savings nearly gone.
Cannot say any more.

As previously advised, the ESA Descriptors and Regulations were updated in January so it is possible that you have been moved to the WRAG as a result of this, it is also possible that there are errors in the assessment and/or Decision on your claim.

You may be able to get an idea of what has happened by requesting the documents used in the making of the Decision, see

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

If you want advice on an appeal, please feel free to come back to the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107071 by canttrusthesystem
Replied by canttrusthesystem on topic ATOS Assesment
Sorry to hear about the bad outcome. On a related note, and not wanting to start another thread re assessments - in the ESA section, I just came across something called the 'Online form', and a list of notes about the WCA online form, which it says is about something which comes into effect in March, and it would seem you have to fill in a form online for WCA (I know, the name does explain it). This seems to have totally passed me by, and I can't find any further explanation on it. Is there now a requirement to fill in a form before a WCA interview or something? Could someone explain, please? I tried a search engine to get a look at such a form but couldn't find anything. Has anyone got a link? Thank you.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 10 months ago #107075 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ATOS Assesment

cantrusthesystem wrote: Sorry to hear about the bad outcome. On a related note, and not wanting to start another thread re assessments - in the ESA section, I just came across something called the 'Online form', and a list of notes about the WCA online form, which it says is about something which comes into effect in March, and it would seem you have to fill in a form online for WCA (I know, the name does explain it). This seems to have totally passed me by, and I can't find any further explanation on it. Is there now a requirement to fill in a form before a WCA interview or something? Could someone explain, please? I tried a search engine to get a look at such a form but couldn't find anything. Has anyone got a link? Thank you.

Without some reference to where you have read about this, it not possible for us to comment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107391 by canttrusthesystem
Replied by canttrusthesystem on topic ATOS Assesment
Hi Gordon,

It's in the ESA section of the Members Guides. If you go to the 'Menu' section on the left-hand side of the page and click on 'Members Only Guides', then click on the 'ESA' subheading that comes up under that, then on the 'Online Form' subheading that comes up under that, the page that comes up there is entitled 'Help with Online WCA' form, and it's that which I'm asking about.

Hope that's clearer.

Thanks.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by .

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107395 by
Replied by on topic ATOS Assesment

canttrusthesystem wrote: Hi Gordon,

It's in the ESA section of the Members Guides. If you go to the 'Menu' section on the left-hand side of the page and click on 'Members Only Guides', then click on the 'ESA' subheading that comes up under that, then on the 'Online Form' subheading that comes up under that, the page that comes up there is entitled 'Help with Online WCA' form, and it's that which I'm asking about.

Hope that's clearer.

Thanks.

Hi ctts,

Not sure regarding your comments regarding an "Online WCA Form".

There is an interactive Pdf ESA50, which can be filled in, saved and edited using your PC keyboard, but you still have to print it off when completed, and post it back to ATOS.

This Pdf ESA50, and the relevant guides reflect changes that were made 28/01/13 :

The download link is on this ESA FAQ :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

This ESA50 should be completed whilst referring to the guides under the heading of "New ESA50 form"

On this page :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

If your query is regarding something different, please reply to this topic.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.