× Members

The start of the transfer

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #107623 by Davie65
The start of the transfer was created by Davie65
Hi all,

I am being transfered to ESA.I recieve HRM and MRC indefinately, have been on my wifes IS for approx 20yrs and claiming IB for approx 19yrs of which the amount is deducted from IS as usual. I am under a psychiatrist for mental health, rheumatologist for physical health and cardiologist for dicky ticker.

On another note we have a 20yr old son who suffers from a very rare condition and possibly the reason for my ill health (although I wouldn't change a thing) has been resusitated 44 times and is the only surviving male in the world (other males recorded with the same condition haven't lived beyond the age of five.

sorry for waffling but just wanted to give an insite into the amount of stress already pouring out of me.

Right.....my wife is fearing for my health, would I be mad to tell them where to stick the transfer (nicely of course) and have the amount of IB added back to IS or could it trigger a review of my DLA?

best regards
Dave
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #107630 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic The start of the transfer
Dave

Whilst you may gain a short term peace, a decision such as this may cause you more problems in the long term.

If you are seriously considering this then I would strongly recommend that you get face to face advice from a trained Welfare Advisor, who can explain what will happen in the short term and the longer.

Things you need to consider;

- If you close your IB/ESA claim, you will not be able to make a new claim for a Contribution Based benefit without re-establishing your NI Contribution history, this will require you to undertake paid employment or registered self-employment.

- IB and ESA pay NI Credits which count towards a full State Pension, proposed changes may mean that you require 35 years of contributions.

- Income Support will be replaced with the Universal Credit over the next few years., this could have implications regarding the amount being paid and eligibility.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #107648 by Davie65
Replied by Davie65 on topic The start of the transfer
Hi Gordon,

thanks for the reply. I don't really have much choice but to continue with the transfer
hopefully I will get to come out the other end with some form of result but being honest
I don't know how I will be when the other end arrives.

Thanks again
Dave.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #107652 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic The start of the transfer

Dave65 wrote: Hi Gordon,

thanks for the reply. I don't really have much choice but to continue with the transfer
hopefully I will get to come out the other end with some form of result but being honest
I don't know how I will be when the other end arrives.

Thanks again
Dave.

Best of luck, any deterioration in your health that results from the assessment process should be mentioned as part of your claim as it goes towards your ability to carry out work (WRAG) or Work Related Activity (Support Group).

Please have a look at our latest ESA Claim guides and if you have more questions please come back to the forum.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 9 months ago #107928 by Davie65
Replied by Davie65 on topic The start of the transfer
Hi all,

I was thinking of asking my MP for a letter of support.
What do you think?

Oh yeah sorry my local MP is Esther McVey.

• bro58
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #107930 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic The start of the transfer

Dave65 wrote: Hi all,

I was thinking of asking my MP for a letter of support.
What do you think?

Oh yeah sorry my local MP is Esther McVey.

Hi D65,

"No Comment"

Oh yes, to repeat that famous phrase that EMc loves to use,

"Ang on amo"

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.