× Members

The start of the transfer

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #108341 by Davie65
Replied by Davie65 on topic The start of the transfer
Hi,

I went to my GP today to ask for a letter of support. Even though she has been very supportive over the years I was expecting a refusal as others have had but she was brilliant, said yes straight away and asked if there was anything that I wanted her to add, so we went through the support group descriptors and she highlighted the ones that she thought applied to me and said she would include them in my letter.

Regards
Dave
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #108350 by
Replied by on topic The start of the transfer

Dave65 wrote: Hi,

I went to my GP today to ask for a letter of support. Even though she has been very supportive over the years I was expecting a refusal as others have had but she was brilliant, said yes straight away and asked if there was anything that I wanted her to add, so we went through the support group descriptors and she highlighted the ones that she thought applied to me and said she would include them in my letter.

Regards
Dave

Hi D65,

It is good to hear that there are still some supportive G.P.'s out there. :)

All to often now, we hear to the contrary.

Only send copies to ATOS with the ESA50, keep originals.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by .

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #108775 by Davie65
Hi all

I have to have my esa form back by the 17th of this month
I've not been too good and I doubt it will be ready.

What would I have to do to get an extention, how long is the norm
and what are my chances of getting one?

Thanks
Dave.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by .

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #108777 by
Replied by on topic The start of the transfer

Dave65 wrote: Hi all

I have to have my esa form back by the 17th of this month
I've not been too good and I doubt it will be ready.

What would I have to do to get an extention, how long is the norm
and what are my chances of getting one?

Thanks
Dave.

Hi D65,

There isn't really any legal leeway for an extension to the time allowed to fill in and return the ESA50.

The 4 weeks is part of legislation.

If at all possible, I would strongly advise that you return the ESA50 by the deadline.

If you have not had time to include any relevant evidence, it would be better to include a covering letter explaining this, then forward the information to ATOS as soon as you have it.

Have a look at this FAQ :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by .

More
10 years 8 months ago #108780 by Davie65
Hi bro58

Thanks, I'll try my best.

Dave

More
10 years 8 months ago #108796 by peggy2
Replied by peggy2 on topic The start of the transfer
Hi Dave just been reading through your post and wanted to say that my GP was also very helpful, my GP`s also hold a CAB outreach scheme , where the GP referred me to the citizens advice adviser, the CAB attend the GP`s on various days throughout the week, one to one private appointments where made and he helped completing forms, I also signed forms so that the CAB could request any relevant information from my GP if required, such as further supporting letters or dates of medication changes or test results. It maybe worth asking your GP if they run a CAB outreach scheme.,

I also find the support on here amazing and the guides are just great at guiding you through and making you really really think how to answer each question taking your symptoms and disabilities into account. Some points made me realise how many times I have to hold onto things to help me to balance and how many times I take rests in between each tasks or I have to abandon something because of symptom's like pain and swelling.

Good Luck with everything and the bestest of wishes to you and your family

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.