× Members

GP Refusing Letter of Support

More
10 years 7 months ago #111283 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic GP Refusing Letter of Support
LiaM

The vast majority of claimants have a face to face assessment, so it is nothing unusual that you have been requested to attend.

ATOS produce a medical report for the DWP based on your ESA50, any evidence attached, and the results of the assessment.

If you are hoping to avoid the assessment then you should speak to your GP first, you will need them to write a letter to ATOS explaining why you cannot attend and need a home assessment, if there letter is particularly convincing in regard your limitations, you may avoid the assessment entirely.

I do not think there is any value in you contacting the DWP at the moment, they are likely to say "because we do" in answer to your question; why?

If you are not granted a home assessment, then it is really important that you attend, as failing to do so can result in your ESA claim being closed. You should be able to move the appointment to a more reasonable time, make sure that you comment on the fact that you included restrictions on your ESA50.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LifeIsAMess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• LifeIsAMess
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago #111300 by LifeIsAMess
Replied by LifeIsAMess on topic GP Refusing Letter of Support
Thanks Gordon, I will make an appointment this week to see my GP. I just wish she had written the quick note when she herself suggested it and all this may have been avoided.

I'm migrating from IB so was hoping it would have been straightforward with no medical like many others in my situation seem to get. I know I didn't fill in the form that well, I found it too hard to focus even with all the wonderful guides :(

I'm absolutely petrified of these people but I will make it clear I'm not refusing an assessment, if they can come to me that's fine as long as it's on one of the days I mentioned so my mum can be there.

Will let you know how I get on.

• LifeIsAMess
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113630 by LifeIsAMess
Replied by LifeIsAMess on topic GP Refusing Letter of Support
Hi Gordon, just wanted to say thanks to you and the other mods for your advice and guidance you gave me on this subject.

I asked Atos for a home visit, faxed GP letter to them and 2 days later got a letter back saying it had been cancelled and there was no need to attend.

Thanks again x
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113635 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic GP Refusing Letter of Support
LiaM

That's the first stage down, now all you need is a Decision on which group they will place you in.

Good luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.