× Members

DLA renewal / Atos visit

• bro58
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109353 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA renewal / Atos visit
Hi m24,

I have merged your two associated topics for continuity.

This helps the Mods when offering advice, as all previous comments are in the one topic.

You might want to Bookmark/Favourite this page in your internet browser, you can then return to it easily if you have further queries.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mon24
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago #109354 by mon24
Replied by mon24 on topic Atos / 2 days notice
Sadly yes I did - because of time running out - I had no option to get photocopies this time - this is the first time I haven't kept copies and boy am I regretting it!

• mon24
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110107 by mon24
Replied by mon24 on topic DLA renewal / Atos visit
Hi - quick update I had the atos medical with 2 days notice and hubby took notes.
It was stressful and although dr was pleasant, was also playing detective but did eventually look at some medical evidence I had gathered for him.
I've had letter re award - I've read your appeals procedure - I am happy with my mobility award but not care award.
The letter I received from the DM stated that I could do quite a number of things that I had told the dr I could not. Also I had stated on my renewal form that I could not do these activities and required help.

Whilst I don't want to go through the stress of an appeal, I do not like the fact that there are incorrect statements made about my abilities - is it possible to either:
A) write to the DM and point out the statements that are incorrect in relation to my abilities, but state that I do not wish to appeal?
B) as above but request a reconsideration of the care component only?
Or would it need to be done via appeal? Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110109 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA renewal / Atos visit

mon24 wrote: Hi - quick update I had the atos medical with 2 days notice and hubby took notes.
It was stressful and although dr was pleasant, was also playing detective but did eventually look at some medical evidence I had gathered for him.
I've had letter re award - I've read your appeals procedure - I am happy with my mobility award but not care award.
The letter I received from the DM stated that I could do quite a number of things that I had told the dr I could not. Also I had stated on my renewal form that I could not do these activities and required help.

Whilst I don't want to go through the stress of an appeal, I do not like the fact that there are incorrect statements made about my abilities - is it possible to either:
A) write to the DM and point out the statements that are incorrect in relation to my abilities, but state that I do not wish to appeal?
B) as above but request a reconsideration of the care component only?
Or would it need to be done via appeal? Thanks

Your writing to the DM will have no useful effect, no records will be updated and no opinions will be changed.

So, if you are unhappy with your care award your only choices are to ask for a Reconsideration or to Appeal, our recommendation is to Appeal, you lose nothing by doing so and you may save considerable time if the DWP do not revise their Decision.

You can appeal just the Care component, but the DWP and the Tribunal can expand the appeal to include the Mobility component if they think it is reasonable for them to do so, it is unlikely that this will happen, but is still a possibility.

Have a look at our DLA Appeal guide

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#dlaappeals

and the following FAQs

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

How long do I have to appeal?

How to submit an appeal

DLA Medical – What forms to ask for?

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and reconsiderations

Preparing for a Tribunal

MOJ Video of ESA Appeals Process and Tribunal

If you have any questions on the above, please reply to this post.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• mon24
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago #110113 by mon24
Replied by mon24 on topic DLA renewal / Atos visit
Thank you Gordon.
I will read through the links and try to come to a decision over the weekend.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.