× Members

DLA renewal / Atos visit

• mon24
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109340 by mon24
Replied by mon24 on topic DLA renewal / Atos visit
Hi today I had a letter from atos to say I will be visited in 2 days time?! I thought they had to give 7 days notice? Also, checked with atos the medical officer ( who in my case is a Gp!!) does not have any medical evidence that I sent with my renewal - apparently they only have that for ESA claims!
So - should I request my 7 days so I can retrieve my medical records in time ?
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #109342 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA renewal / Atos visit
Hi Mon,

From what you have said, I surmise that this visit is in relation to a DLA claim? As far as I am aware, you are still entitled to 7 days notice of the visit (I'm sure one of the other mods will correct me if I am wrong). It is worth giving the HCP a copy of your medical evidence when they arrive, I think.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• mon24
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109344 by mon24
Thank you - yes it is in relation to DLA renewal. Atos office said I won't need my medical evidence but I feel I do as it contains so much - detailed MRI scans rheumatology reports etc and to the naked eye my fused spine and calcified ligaments, severe OA, Defenerative Disc disease and fibro can not be seen so I feel I need my reports to show the Atos Dr. Just rang DLA who said they are sending it to be photocopied in repo graphics marked urgent to return to me but can't guarantee it will be back in 2 days.
My dilemma is - the time the Dr is due to come is a good time of day for me - ie my bad time - but I won't have my evidence to hand - if I request my 7 days notice entitlement I may have my evidence but it may be a diff time of day- what carries more weight at these assessments - how you look or solid evidence?

Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by .

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109346 by
Replied by on topic DLA renewal / Atos visit

mon24 wrote: Thank you - yes it is in relation to DLA renewal. Atos office said I won't need my medical evidence but I feel I do as it contains so much - detailed MRI scans rheumatology reports etc and to the naked eye my fused spine and calcified ligaments, severe OA, Defenerative Disc disease and fibro can not be seen so I feel I need my reports to show the Atos Dr. Just rang DLA who said they are sending it to be photocopied in repo graphics marked urgent to return to me but can't guarantee it will be back in 2 days.
My dilemma is - the time the Dr is due to come is a good time of day for me - ie my bad time - but I won't have my evidence to hand - if I request my 7 days notice entitlement I may have my evidence but it may be a diff time of day- what carries more weight at these assessments - how you look or solid evidence?

Thanks

Hi m24,

You are correct, the EMP is supposed to give you 7 days notice unless you agree to a shorter notice appointment.

See this extract from page 46 of our :

"The Best Possible Disability Living Allowance Renewal Claims For Adults On Physical Health Grounds New 11 June 2013"

"The appointment may be arranged by telephone or letter but ‘it is vital to offer sufficient (7 days) notice’.

If a date less than 7 days in advance is agreed this should be recorded on the report that the doctor writes and should be signed by you."

Top link on this page :

DLA Guides

So yes, you can contact the EMP/ATOS to rearrange.

Whether you will have the evidence that you have requested by then in another matter.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by .

• mon24
  • Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago #109348 by mon24
Thank you!
I think I will sleep on it !

More
10 years 8 months ago #109350 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Atos / 2 days notice
Mon,

It sounds as if you have sent the original documents to DWP, is that correct? We advise that members only ever send copies of paperwork, except for those few occasions where DWP have specified that they need originals.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.