× Members

PIP timescales

• jessica.p
10 years 4 months ago #114362 by jessica.p
Replied by jessica.p on topic PIP timescales
Hi Womble,

thank you so much for keeping us updated. A client of mine went to a PIP assessment over 5 weeks ago now they have still not heard back yet either way. The Atos assessor said it would only take two weeks.

gov.uk do have a PIP fact sheet;
www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...sion-and-payment.pdf

but it doesn't specify timescales.

I am myself contacting PIP tomorrow about this case so I will ask about current timescales as I know DWP don't have set time limits as it varies according to their workload. I will update the post tomorrow.

I know its frustrating to wait and it feels like such a long time but you are almost there now. :)

Jess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• womble
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago #114743 by womble
Replied by womble on topic PIP timescales
I called the dwp for an update today (11/12/13) and they said they got the report through from atos on monday. That sounds a lot quicker than other people have mentioned though, which is worrying me that it just says I'm fine or something stupid.

She said it would take a couple of weeks for them to make a decision now they have the report. I said is that this year or next year do you think? She said oh I can't tell that as they are doing them in the order of who has been waiting longest, so as you have been waiting since august I don't know how long that will be.

So I guess we will just have to see, with the holidays as well, when I next hear from them and how long their idea of a couple of weeks is in reality.

I thought after I got off the phone to them though, should I be requesting a copy of the atos report somehow in case I do need to appeal, or do I have to wait until they decide then see what paperwork I can get from them based on that?

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 4 months ago #114752 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic PIP timescales
We try to keep members updated on PIP in our guide HERE and also in the Spotlights area of the forum HERE

Hope this is of help.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 4 months ago #115188 by sue43
Replied by sue43 on topic PIP timescales
Hi I'm about the same as you re time scales. I had medical on 22nd Nov and am waiting a decision. I haven't chased anyone up yet but was thinking about doing it tomorrow. Will post what they say.

• womble
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago #115373 by womble
Replied by womble on topic PIP timescales
Just another update. I got a letter on the 28th of december dated the 19th saying they now have all the info they need.

So I am now up to 22 weeks of waiting. I think I'll give it one more week just as it has been christmas, as they said when I called on the 11th of december it would be a couple of weeks. If I don't get anything through by this time next week then I think another phone call to the dwp and an email to my mp might be my next step.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115380 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP timescales

womble wrote: Just another update. I got a letter on the 28th of december dated the 19th saying they now have all the info they need.

So I am now up to 22 weeks of waiting. I think I'll give it one more week just as it has been christmas, as they said when I called on the 11th of december it would be a couple of weeks. If I don't get anything through by this time next week then I think another phone call to the dwp and an email to my mp might be my next step.

Sounds like a good plan!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.