× Members

Medical visit

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109819 by Jacs
Medical visit was created by Jacs
Hi new member so unsure if you can help, I have been on HRC and HRM for a number of years awarded for an indefinite period approx 6 yrs ago after a medical visit, I have recently been sent a new claim form to fill in which I completed and returned immediately, I then received letter telling me DWP were writing to my GP heard nothing for a number of weeks have just received letter telling me a doctor will now visit on thurs to do a medical, I suffer as I have for years with arthritis , fibromyalgia, epilepsy ( uncontrolled) asthma, chronic fatigue and depression ! Unable to walk and use wheelchair permanently I am completely unable to stand unaided let alone walk, so I wonder has anybody else been put into this position of re applying after havin been awarded benefit for life ? Why are they doing this I'm in turmoil and feel sick with worry what I will do if they refuse my claim I do not know, I'm just at a loss as to why they have decided to send a renewal form in the first place , any advice as to what to expect and how to deal with this medical would be greatly appreciated !!!!
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #109821 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical visit

Jacs wrote: Hi new member so unsure if you can help, I have been on HRC and HRM for a number of years awarded for an indefinite period approx 6 yrs ago after a medical visit, I have recently been sent a new claim form to fill in which I completed and returned immediately, I then received letter telling me DWP were writing to my GP heard nothing for a number of weeks have just received letter telling me a doctor will now visit on thurs to do a medical, I suffer as I have for years with arthritis , fibromyalgia, epilepsy ( uncontrolled) asthma, chronic fatigue and depression ! Unable to walk and use wheelchair permanently I am completely unable to stand unaided let alone walk, so I wonder has anybody else been put into this position of re applying after havin been awarded benefit for life ? Why are they doing this I'm in turmoil and feel sick with worry what I will do if they refuse my claim I do not know, I'm just at a loss as to why they have decided to send a renewal form in the first place , any advice as to what to expect and how to deal with this medical would be greatly appreciated !!!!

It sounds as if you have been re-assessed under the Right Payment Programme

The Right Payment Programme

Have a look at the following in regard the medical

DLA medical examination

If you have any further questions, please reply to this post.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jacs

• bro58
10 years 8 months ago #109823 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Medical visit
Hi J,

As Gordon says, looks like the Right Payment Programme in action.

Did you use our DLA claims guides to fill in the claim form ?

If not, you may wish to have a look at them :

DLA Guides

bro58

More
10 years 8 months ago #109825 by Jacs
Replied by Jacs on topic Medical visit
Thanks have already filled in and returned original form I wish I'd have noticed your sight beforehand, have had a look at medical examination notes and am sure they will be helpful , I've never heard of right payment programme and can only assume they are going to try and lower my benefit or stop it completely, why do this to people I can't eat sleep with worry :sick:

• bro58
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109830 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Medical visit

Jacs wrote: Thanks have already filled in and returned original form I wish I'd have noticed your sight beforehand, have had a look at medical examination notes and am sure they will be helpful , I've never heard of right payment programme and can only assume they are going to try and lower my benefit or stop it completely, why do this to people I can't eat sleep with worry :sick:

Hi J,

Hopefully you will maintain the current levels of your DLA award.

It may still give you a better insight into what is expected if you peruse our DLA Claim Guides.

You can have someone else present at the medical, who can take notes.

You can even covertly record the medical for your own future reference. However, if you are to do this, you must ensure that the assessing Doctor does not become aware of it, otherwise they can refuse to continue with the assessment.

It may be a good idea to do some dry runs.

Good luck with the medical, please return to let us know how it went.

If you do receive an adverse decision, you can of course appeal it.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by bro58.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109834 by killbot99
Replied by killbot99 on topic Medical visit
Hi

Just a quick question, if you do secretly record a medical, either one at home or at an Atos centre and you need to use it to appeal an adverse decision at a tribunal, is it admissible evidence. I just wondered about the legality of it for future reference. I wondered about whether you could use it to build a case.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.