× Members

Appeal Confusion - Help Please

• simtrav
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago #110733 by simtrav
Replied by simtrav on topic Appeal Confusion - Help Please
Thanks for reply Gordon

As I hope you can see from my replies and situation I'm landed in, this whole matter is new to me but growing more apparent day by day.

I planned to supply further medical evidence that the conditioned had worsened but it got delayed being passed to me by my medical professionals. There is nothing I could have done to rectify this but I did try.

The HNS is in a mess as I am sure you are aware and the privately run clinic I am referred to has had their IT sytem crash - not my fault.

My head is spinning at the moment but hopefully after a good nights rest I will be refreshed to reply more tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Westcoastphil
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110759 by Westcoastphil
Replied by Westcoastphil on topic Appeal Confusion - Help Please
Can you not request a 'written statement of reasons' for the decision. This should tell you how the decision maker came to his/her conclusion and give you the information you require to prepare yourself for the tribunal.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110764 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Appeal Confusion - Help Please

Westcoastphil wrote: Can you not request a 'written statement of reasons' for the decision. This should tell you how the decision maker came to his/her conclusion and give you the information you require to prepare yourself for the tribunal.

Yes you can and I would encourage you to do so, however, I have to warn you that in over three years of moderating I know of only one member who has actually received a written SoR after requesting one. The problem is that there is no defined format for a SoR and the DWP are not required to provide one if they believe that the information one would contain has already been supplied.

The bottom line is that many ESA Decisions are made without adequate documentation as to why they are being made, a point that is often commented on at a Tribunal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.