× Members

DLA - INDEFINITE AWARDS

• bro58
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111615 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA - INDEFINITE AWARDS

Bax wrote: Hi

Received a reply to my e-mail from local CAB office.

As we do not offer appointments for all enquiries we need further information from you to confirm if you do require an appointment and would ask that you phone our Contact Centre on the number.

Gave them a ring and information on our circumstances, CAB said I could pop in at some point in the future or they could recommend a different local organisation that specialize in sight problems. They have a benefits officer who does home visits.

The latter option sounded best as we could have our face to face in our own environment, got in touch with them and they will be looking to visit sometime this week.

May I ask a question in the meantime.

It is noticeable that the assessment criteria for PIP are different to those for DLA.
If we leave things till after oct 28th to declare the change in her circumstances, will my wife still be paid DLA while the forms are being processed for PIP or will her notification of CIC be classed as an initial claim for PIP in its own rights?

Hi B,

As it is an indefinable DLA award, if you report a CofC after 28/10/13, you would continue to receive the current rate of DLA until a decision on the PIP criteria is made.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111644 by Bax
Replied by Bax on topic DLA - INDEFINITE AWARDS
Thanks for that Bro,

My wife`s claim for DLA was made in the mid 90`s.
It has previously been mentioned on board that DWP may not keep claimants records on file for more than a few years, after which, they may be destroyed?
If the criteria for assessing PIP is also different to that for assessing DLA, would DWP not need past evidence to compare her change in circumstance against?

• bro58
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111648 by bro58

Bax wrote: Thanks for that Bro,

My wife`s claim for DLA was made in the mid 90`s.
It has previously been mentioned on board that DWP may not keep claimants records on file for more than a few years, after which, they may be destroyed?
If the criteria for assessing PIP is also different to that for assessing DLA, would DWP not need past evidence to compare her change in circumstance against?

Hi B,

Although evidence that the medical conditions are long standing and/or progressive/chronic may help, she will be assessed from scratch to see whether she fulfills the PIP qualifying criteria, at the time of assessment.

As you may know, the PIP qualifying criteria is much different to DLA, the main difference being that it is points based.

DLA was not points based, so it is a totally different test/assessment, much as the ESA WCA is different to the old IB PCA, have a look at :

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

PIP information, including PIP Self Test

PIP Topic Thread in Spotlight Area

bro58

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111654 by Bax
Replied by Bax on topic DLA - INDEFINITE AWARDS
Thank you Bro.

Should have the benefits adviser at the house sometime this week as we have been advised by Gordon and Jim to get face to face advice before proceeding with a claim for change in circumstance.

• bro58
10 years 6 months ago #111665 by bro58

Bax wrote: Thank you Bro.

Should have the benefits adviser at the house sometime this week as we have been advised by Gordon and Jim to get face to face advice before proceeding with a claim for change in circumstance.

Hi B,

Good advice from both Mods !! :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.