× Members

DLA - INDEFINITE AWARDS

More
10 years 7 months ago #111122 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA - INDEFINITE AWARDS
Bax

I just want to repeat my earlier post. :)

If the DWP is notified before 28 October of a Change of Circumstances this should result in a re-assessment for DLA.

If you notify them on or after 28 October then it will result in a transfer to PIP.

You are therefore in a position to decide whether she remains on DLA or is transferred.

With regard your claiming Carers Allowance, I will hope that you will understand that we can offer no advice as to when you should do this.

It is a requirement of CA that the carer is providing a minimum of 35 hours care a week.

I would recommend you get face to face advice before proceeding if you are also thinking of claiming Income Support, as there are changes to IS and carers as a result of the introduction of the Universal Credit that you need to be aware of, even if they do not affect you in the short term.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111370 by Bax
Replied by Bax on topic DLA - INDEFINITE AWARDS
Hi Gordon

We do not intend to claim for income support but I have sent an email off to my local CAB office requesting an appointment in any case.Their time is very restricted in my area as funding was cut.
Not sure if they will be able to fit me or not?
Can I ask if there is a downloadable claim form for PIP available anywhere or will it have to be done by hand after contacting DWP?
I have set the ball rolling at work on the reduction of my working hours, my workplace are aware of our situation at home and have intimated that they will try to help.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 7 months ago #111376 by Gordon
Bax

There is currently no downloadable version of the PIP claim form. however, you can provide your answers on extra page that you have typed on your computer and link to them on the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111378 by Bax
You can provide your answers on extra page that you have typed on your computer and link to them on the form.

Not sure what you mean Gordon?
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 7 months ago #111383 by Gordon

Bax wrote: You can provide your answers on extra page that you have typed on your computer and link to them on the form.

Not sure what you mean Gordon?

You do not need to use the comment/information boxes on the PIP claim form, or the ESA50 for anybody reading this, if it is easier for you to do, you can create each answer in a word processor on your computer and attach all of your answers to the end of the form, as long as you clearly indicate where your answer is and I would recommend also indicating on the extra pages, where it is from, for example;

"continued on page X Question Y of attached" and "continued from page A question Y of form"

then there should be no problem.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bax

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111580 by Bax
Hi

Received a reply to my e-mail from local CAB office.

As we do not offer appointments for all enquiries we need further information from you to confirm if you do require an appointment and would ask that you phone our Contact Centre on the number.

Gave them a ring and information on our circumstances, CAB said I could pop in at some point in the future or they could recommend a different local organisation that specialize in sight problems. They have a benefits officer who does home visits.

The latter option sounded best as we could have our face to face in our own environment, got in touch with them and they will be looking to visit sometime this week.

May I ask a question in the meantime.

It is noticeable that the assessment criteria for PIP are different to those for DLA.
If we leave things till after oct 28th to declare the change in her circumstances, will my wife still be paid DLA while the forms are being processed for PIP or will her notification of CIC be classed as an initial claim for PIP in its own rights?
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.