× Members

Help Needed

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111451 by bobbiejo
Help Needed was created by bobbiejo
Hello

On the 20th of September I shared my joy with you that after consideration I have been placed in the Support. I have the actual letter in my hand. Today I received a letter asking me to attend a work related interview, so I phoned up the job centre to explain I am in the support group and the person insisted I was in work related. They are insisting my letter is a mistake and shouldn't have been sent. I was coming to the top of the appeal list after waiting a year and the letter telling me I am in support group also states " your appeal will not be sent to an independent tribunal as the decision has been changed in your favour.

please help, kate x
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #111457 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help Needed

kate wrote: Hello

On the 20th of September I shared my joy with you that after consideration I have been placed in the Support. I have the actual letter in my hand. Today I received a letter asking me to attend a work related interview, so I phoned up the job centre to explain I am in the support group and the person insisted I was in work related. They are insisting my letter is a mistake and shouldn't have been sent. I was coming to the top of the appeal list after waiting a year and the letter telling me I am in support group also states " your appeal will not be sent to an independent tribunal as the decision has been changed in your favour.

please help, kate x

It is still possible that this is due to the computer not being updated, the JC+ staff who manage the WFIs only see a small portion of your computer records.

You need to phone the DWP office that deals with your claim, as you did before, and ask what is going on, if they are unable to tell you or say that you are still in the WRAG, then you need to ask to speak to a manager, this usually requires a call back, you may get one today but it is more likely that it will happen on Monday. A manager will be able to give you a definitive answer or get one for you.

Secondly, contact the Tribunal Service to see what is happening with your appeal, you will need the reference number that you will have been sent previously.

It may be to soon, but have you checked your ESA payments to see whether they have changed?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 7 months ago #111469 by bobbiejo
Replied by bobbiejo on topic Help Needed
Thank you Gordon, the lady at the job centre is insisting my letter doesn't exist and she said she ha spoke to that many people and they are all saying the same. I am i in work related activity group.I havent had payments updated yet.

I phoned to speak to a manager and he wants me to take my letter to job centre on Monday to be photocopied and sent to the processing department to follow things up.

I am so upset and can't stop crying

kate

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111473 by bobbiejo
Also I phoned the tribunal an they said my appeal is still live, but the job centre the DWP has informed them I had my decision changed

Kate
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 7 months ago #111520 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help Needed
Kate

You may need to make an appointment at the JC+ office, so I would give them a ring before going there.

The positive point at the moment is that the Tribunal Service have been told the same as you.

If you can, let us know what happens.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111524 by bobbiejo
I meant to write that the job centre said the tribunal will be informed I won my appeal to work related activity . If the DWP sent me support letter by mistake can I still appeal. This is a nightmare. DWP are saying No one sent me the letter.

KATE
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris