× Members

Help Needed

More
10 years 7 months ago #111531 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help Needed

kate wrote: I meant to write that the job centre said the tribunal will be informed I won my appeal to work related activity . If the DWP sent me support letter by mistake can I still appeal. This is a nightmare. DWP are saying No one sent me the letter.

KATE

I can't tell from your previous posts what you were appealing;

- if it was a Fit for Work Decision then you could have been placed in the WRAG rather than the Support Group, as this would still be a Decision in your favour, then the DWP could legitimately lapse your appeal.

- If you were placed in the WRAG and were appealing to be placed in the SG, then the only Decision which would allow the DWP to lapse your appeal would be one that placed you in the SG.

The forum is about to close, so if you have any more questions or information, please come back at 8pm this evening or Monday afternoon.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111541 by bobbiejo
Replied by bobbiejo on topic Help Needed
Gordon I was originally appealing a fit for work decision.

I just can't get my head around how thy can send me a letter saying I have been placed in support group.

Then two weeks later asking me to attend a work related interview but no letter telling me I am in wrag.

If they sent the wrong letter can ask them to look at my claim again ?

Can I insist they let my appeal continue as they clearly don't know who is deciding what ?

What is really concerning me is the fact they are claiming they have nothing on their system to say this letter was ever sent to me. They kept asking me if i still had the letter.

I am starting to think its a cruel joke by someone at the DWP.

one of the ladies on the DWP helpline actually said its disgraceful and I need to make a complaint.

lastly for now have you ever heard of anyone else getting the wrong decision letter.

As you can imagine I am devastated especially after thinking I was OK for a while.

Kate
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 7 months ago #111543 by Gordon
Kate

I am afraid we have seen this scenario before although probably no more than a handful of times in the last three years.

Unless the letter was hand produced, nit necessarily hand written, there should be an audit trail on the DWP computer system, which should show who produced it.

Unfortunately, if you have been placed in the WRAG, then your appeal will have been lapsed and you will have to make a fresh appeal to be placed in the Support Group.

I would wait a few days until you have a better understanding of what is going on, but whatever the result I would consider making a complaint to the DWP and it is also worth speaking to your MP.

Complaining to the DWP

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 7 months ago #111544 by Gordon
Kate

Just to add, until you have a Decision that you are in the Support Group you must participate in any Work Related Activity you are requested to do, such as the WFI that you have been contacted about, but it would be worth speaking to the advisor to see whether they will either defer it interview or carry it out over the phone while you wait for a resolution to this situation.

Gordon

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111546 by bobbiejo
Replied by bobbiejo on topic Help Needed
Ok thank you Gordon, I will probably have to make a fresh appeal. I will down load the appeal form ready.

I have contacted my MP but to be honest he isn't bothered. I Will also put in a complaint to the DWP.

Thank you and now back to square one no doubt.

Regards Kate
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 7 months ago #111549 by Gordon

kate wrote: Ok thank you Gordon, I will probably have to make a fresh appeal. I will down load the appeal form ready.

I have contacted my MP but to be honest he isn't bothered. I Will also put in a complaint to the DWP.

Thank you and now back to square one no doubt.

Regards Kate

Yes and no!

This is not just case of your potentially having been notified in error about Support Group award, you have also not been notified of a WRAG one either.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris