× Members

dla review

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111918 by Paul t
dla review was created by Paul t
Hi everyone, i am new to this site but often read many articles,i have been a carer for my wife since 1997 my wife was damaged by a rubella injection after the birth of my youngest daughter who is now 17 years old.

My wife was diagnosed way back the with severe me/cfs,benign intracranial hypertension and vasomotor failure and other symptoms etc my wife was awarded hrm plus hrc for life i had worked since the age of 14 it was an easy decision to make having seen my wife health deteriorate so quickly.

After that i gave up work to look after her and our four children and become her fulltime carer.We have not heard a single thing from dwp other than the money each year going up then in june
this year a letter saying that a review on her award and enclosed was a new dla pack to fill in.

I rang warbeck house to ask why this was happing only to be advised that she was picked at random and this was happing to a lot of people who had life awards she was just unfortunate.

I then filled pack in and added the extra illness my wife now suffers from arthritis-irritable bowel syndrome- myalgia and now deppresion and also that in last year undergoing tests for multiple sclerosis,i sent pack back to them by required date.

3 weeks ago i rang them to say gail had had confirmation that she has ms gave dr address in hospital and telephone number etc and they said it would be noted on her file as no decision had been made yet anyway,and of course last week letter from dwp wanting more information so arranging a health care professional to see her 2 days after letter from atos saying somebody would get in touch day later appointment for this thursday any advice please thanks.

Moderators Note by Jim Allison I have had to edit your post as it was all in UPPERCASE, with no paragraphs.

If you are a new member, please note that using UPPERCASE is hard to read online, especially if it isn't broken down in paragraphs making it difficult for moderators to read and for visually impaired members who use screen readers
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law). Reason: See moderators note

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #111926 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic dla review
Paul

Please try not to post in Upper Case, many of our members use screen reading software which has problems with this.

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Your wife is being assessed under the Right Payment Programme

The Right Payment Programme

I would start by having a look at our DLA Claim guides, I know you have already returned the form but doing so will give you a better perspective of what the doctor will be interested in.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#dlaclaims

Have a look at

DLA medical examination

which explains more about the appointment, I would recommend that your wife have someone with her throughout and if possible, should also take notes about what happens.

If you have any specific questions, please reply to this post.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111927 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic dla review
This message contains confidential information

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul t

More
10 years 7 months ago #111935 by Paul t
Replied by Paul t on topic dla review
Thank you so much have downloaded them so will read many thanks again
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #112038 by Paul t
Replied by Paul t on topic dla review
Hi everyone,
With my wife's condition she can be bed ridden,with this atos medical visit on Thursday what if this is the case! can they insist on her being brought downstairs or will they do medical assessment in bedroom any advice please thanks.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by .

10 years 7 months ago #112040 by
Replied by on topic dla review

Paul t wrote: Hi everyone,
With my wife's condition she can be bed ridden,with this atos medical visit on Thursday what if this is the case! can they insist on her being brought downstairs or will they do medical assessment in bedroom any advice please thanks.

Hi Pt,

If your wife is confined to bed on the day, then the ATOS EMP will have to conduct the medical assessment in her bedroom.

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.