× Members

how to get help from the gp

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112471 by lesjo
how to get help from the gp was created by lesjo
I am going to see my GP next week to see if she can help with my tribunal, i HAVE BEEN TOLD NOT TO ASK LEADING QUESTIONS, I do not really know what and indeed how, to put the questions to her, any help would be greatly appreciated. cheers
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #112473 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic how to get help from the gp
Hi Leslie,

It's probably a bit easier if you are seeing your GP face2face - at least their won't be a letter from you to your GP that DWP could ask to see.

You can ask your GP to comment about your ability, or otherwise, to do certain things related to the descriptors, but you cannot go in with a 'script' that you ask her to write. Does that make sense?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112476 by lesjo
Replied by lesjo on topic how to get help from the gp
Thank you for your speedy response, I have all my medical records applicable to my condition, with diagnoses and evidence to back up my claims in the esa50 form, but they do not really give a clear picture of my abilities or how it affects everyday life, and so am going for a face to face next week, not really sure how to discuss the matter to avoid "leading" so as to get a letter to help my appeal.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 5 months ago #112483 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic how to get help from the gp

leslie wrote: Thank you for your speedy response, I have all my medical records applicable to my condition, with diagnoses and evidence to back up my claims in the esa50 form, but they do not really give a clear picture of my abilities or how it affects everyday life, and so am going for a face to face next week, not really sure how to discuss the matter to avoid "leading" so as to get a letter to help my appeal.

It is not so much a issue of your asking leading questions, but rather your putting words in the doctor mouth :)

The Tribunal will be concerned that they are reading the GP's own evaluation of your condition(s) rather than yours, so what you can do is speak to them about your condition(s) but rather than you telling them, ask them what they would like to know about it, also you can provide the GP with a list of the ESA Descriptors without the scores and ask them to indicate which ones they think you meet.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 5 months ago #112495 by cemac
Replied by cemac on topic how to get help from the gp
I gave my doctor a list of how the illness affects me, what I can no longer do due to pain, exhaustion, had to give up all social life. The letter written gave a good account of my illness and how patients are affected by it, with the comment that I had been ill, medically retired from work in 2000 and had not improved.
Doctor must have trawled back through my notes to the first mentions of illnesses, which was on the letter to DWP.
Although you can't tell the doctor what to write, they need to know how bad you are and may not realise. A friend's doctor, on DLA form years ago, thought she did her own cooking - she had carers to do it. She had to tell him.
I heard today, earlier decision nil points to support group!
Good luck
CEM

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112589 by lesjo
Replied by lesjo on topic how to get help from the gp
Hi Gordon, I have passed the first part of the test and am in wrag already, so I am really only dealing with the decision to place me in that group, I feel, after reading the explanations of what descriptors to be in the support group consist of that really applies the majority of the time, is,Limited capability for work-related activity test.
1. Mobilising unaided by another person with or without a walking stick,
manual wheelchair or other aid if such aid is normally, or could reasonably be,
worn or used. the first part applies but I feel that for the majority of the time I am in the second catagory. (ii) repeatedly mobilise 50 metres within a reasonable timescale because of
significant discomfort or exhaustion. I cannot use a stick or a wheelchair. The second one is a grey area. 4. Picking up and moving or transferring by the use of the upper body and
arms (excluding standing, sitting, bending or kneeling and all other activities
specified in this Schedule).
Cannot pick up and move a 0.5 litre carton full of liquid.
Does this second descriptor mean moving just the upper body as if it does it applies to me as well.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.