× Members

how to get help from the gp

More
10 years 5 months ago #112593 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic how to get help from the gp
Leslie

Yes, Descriptor 4 is all about the upper body, the test is to move the carton of milk horizontally, so imagine that you are sitting at a table with the carton on one side, the test is to then pick it up and move it to the other side.

You should be aware that the test is for either arm so if you cannot do it with your preferred hand/arm but can with the other, or vice versa, you will not score points.

I hope this explains it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112601 by lesjo
Replied by lesjo on topic how to get help from the gp
Ahh that makes sense now thanks Gordon, So if my doctor writes that it is her opinion that I cannot mobilise 50m repeatedly due to discomfort I will be seen as satisfying the criteria of the support group
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 5 months ago #112605 by Gordon

leslie wrote: Ahh that makes sense now thanks Gordon, So if my doctor writes that it is her opinion that I cannot mobilise 50m repeatedly due to discomfort I will be seen as satisfying the criteria of the support group

In principle yes, of course they should also explain why you cannot repeatedly mobilise 50m.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112606 by lesjo
Would due to significant discomfort suffice, as that would be the reason I cannot do it or would they need a more medical explanation, I have sciatica, brachialgia caused by nerve inpingement syndrome. sorry to be a pain, I'mseeing her tomorrow afternoon.

More
10 years 5 months ago #112608 by Gordon

leslie wrote: Would due to significant discomfort suffice, as that would be the reason I cannot do it or would they need a more medical explanation, I have sciatica, brachialgia caused by nerve inpingement syndrome. sorry to be a pain, I'mseeing her tomorrow afternoon.

Benefit claims are all about crossing the t's and dotting the i's :)

Put yourself in the place of the Decision Maker, the form GP's letter says "cannot mobilise 50m due to significant discomfort", there first though is going to be "what is causing the significant discomfort", if there is nothing to support the statement then they will likely discount it if the ATOS reports contradicts it.

Gordon

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112610 by lesjo
So in essence this further evidence could really come from the medical records I have photocopied, these show a diagnosis of disc problems in my lower back and spinal cord/disc and neurological problems in my neck or does the doctor have to give an exact physical reasoning behind why she thinks this descriptor causes me discomfort.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.