× Members

ESA renewal

• ophelia hamilton
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112941 by ophelia hamilton
ESA renewal was created by ophelia hamilton
Hi
After appealing I was placed in the ESA support group for 3 months from transferring from IB which I have along with both higher awards of the DLA indefinitely, as its looming to do the ESA again is it worth me requesting the ESA85A outcome letter as I have no idea how they based their decision and used an advocate to assist
To be honest I was shocked to receive only 3 months with a visual impairment and so much supporting evidence would it be worth asking for this form before the renewal is sent or wait till it comes in a matter of weeks or is not worth it

I no longer have any support and lost my care so lots of trimming in progress to the huge detriment of my chronic health conditions
Many thanks
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #112944 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA renewal
Hi and welcome to B+W. this will help you find your way around the site

Welcome to Benefits and Work

It appears that your username might be your real name. Many people prefer to use an alias to maintain a degree of anonymity. If you wish to change your username you should follow the advice in this FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

As your condition is unchanging (I assume that it hasn't changed much, if at all, in only 3 months) you need to show DWP that you have not adapted to your condition in the time since the last award.

You can certainly contact DWP and ask for a copy of your ESA85a, but you should not let this delay your submitting the ESA50 on time.

Some people are finding that the forms actually land on their doormat later than expected due to backlogs at DWP and ATOS. However, you can get ahead of the game by downloading and using the PDF version of the form

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

You should also make good use of our ESA guide and FAQs

ESA claims and appeals

ESA FAQs

Finally, I suggest that you bookmark this page, or make it a favourite on your web browser, so that you can find it easily in future. Then you will be able to return here to ask further questions and we will have the benefit of keeping everything in one place :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 6 months ago #112946 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA renewal
OH

Just to add to Mrs H's advice, a three month re-assessment time for the Support Group is very unusual, are you basing this on the letters you received fro the DWP?

The standard letters from the DWP do not include the award period, if you are going by a date in November then this is an admin date in connection with the payment of the Christmas Bonus and does not represent the award period except by coincidence.

You can contact the DWP for your re-assessment date, also, the prognosis from the ESA85 is usually used to set when you will be re-assessed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
10 years 6 months ago #112949 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA renewal
Good point Gordon!

• ophelia hamilton
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112986 by ophelia hamilton
Replied by ophelia hamilton on topic ESA renewal
Thanks for the replies
I was awarded ESA for only three months
I was on IB indefinitely and received the above after applying
Been a member of this great site since the beginning yet never posted before as now its look I am going to need help
So requesting the esa85a form before the three months is up is worth requesting

As I have several conditions I am limited to PC access yet as per other posts tempted to send an old copy of my last IB form as collating medical evidence as I type

Yet with the ESA 50 ooddles of support was sent and as above still got only three months

Apologises if slow to respond

Many thanks
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

• ophelia hamilton
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112988 by ophelia hamilton
Replied by ophelia hamilton on topic ESA renewal
Thanks for the welcome

As I have a visual impairment its not possible to undertake reading from screen

Can the form for renewing ESA be a hard copy I think this poss

Regards
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.