× Members

No DLA

More
10 years 5 months ago #113609 by mariaz18
Replied by mariaz18 on topic No DLA
Consultant letter was sent to us just after we submitted the DLA in June/July,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113708 by mariaz18
Hi,

Just wanted advice regarding my previous post.
I asked if I should include a letter from the consultant which reads "I think overall there has been a slight improvement with his symptoms although he tells me he still gets chest pain and breathlessness most days"
The consultant goes on about increasing the medication and also explains about my other problems that I have (i.e. the good evidence)
Could you please tell me how this reads to you? Should I include this in the Mandatory Reconsideration evidence?
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113715 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic No DLA

mariaz18 wrote: Hi,

Just wanted advice regarding my previous post.
I asked if I should include a letter from the consultant which reads "I think overall there has been a slight improvement with his symptoms although he tells me he still gets chest pain and breathlessness most days"
The consultant goes on about increasing the medication and also explains about my other problems that I have (i.e. the good evidence)
Could you please tell me how this reads to you? Should I include this in the Mandatory Reconsideration evidence?

We cannot advise members what to include as evidence to the DWP, you need to look at whether you think this letter helps your claim or hinders it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113735 by mariaz18
When writing the Mandatory Reconsideration, I am giving loads of in depth information on how the activity affects my father. Although i have breifly mentioned this on the application, i probably didn't go into much depth and now giving loads extra information and example.
My question is will this be taken as evidence or is it only what is written on the DLA application form that will be taken into consideration?
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113739 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic No DLA

mariaz18 wrote: When writing the Mandatory Reconsideration, I am giving loads of in depth information on how the activity affects my father. Although i have breifly mentioned this on the application, i probably didn't go into much depth and now giving loads extra information and example.
My question is will this be taken as evidence or is it only what is written on the DLA application form that will be taken into consideration?

You can add extra information and evidence to both the Reconsideration process and an appeal, when you can make one, however, anything you supply must be relevant to the date of the original Decision, so any deterioration in your condition that has occurred since that date should be excluded.

Make sure that anything you send has your full name, date of birth and National Insurance Number on each page.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #115137 by mariaz18
Hi,

I submitted the mandatory reconsideration about 3 weeks ago but have not has a acknowledgment, do they send one out for MR?
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.