× Members

doctor wants £75 for medical report!?

More
10 years 5 months ago #114010 by lavinia
Replied by lavinia on topic doctor wants £75 for medical report!?
Thankyou Gordon but don't think my mental health is strong enough to cope with looking through my medical records. I may be forced to do so at some point but til then I will see what doctor has to say on Wednesday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #114016 by lavinia
Hello again. I have decided to go ahead with the med report after all. I have a couple of questions. Will the doctor know what the ESA descriptors are and should I take a copy of the form with me or a copy of the descriptors? Lavinia
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by .

More
10 years 5 months ago #114018 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic doctor wants £75 for medical report!?

lavinia wrote: Hello again. I have decided to go ahead with the med report after all. I have a couple of questions. Will the doctor know what the ESA descriptors are and should I take a copy of the form with me or a copy of the descriptors? Lavinia

They may do, but I would assume not.

Take a copy of the Descriptors but remove the scoring so that you cannot be seen to be influencing their report, ask them to tick which ones they think apply and why, with specific referral to your conditions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lavinia

More
10 years 5 months ago #114021 by lavinia
Okay Gordon, I will do that. Many thanks. :) Lavinia

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #114022 by

lavinia wrote: Hello again. I have decided to go ahead with the med report after all. I have a couple of questions. Will the doctor know what the ESA descriptors are and should I take a copy of the form with me or a copy of the descriptors? Lavinia

Hi l,

Your G.P. may be aware of the ESA descriptors, but it is doubtful.

You can print them of from these links :

WRAG (LCW)Schedule 2 Descriptors

SG (LCWRA)Schedule 3 Descriptors

See also the Exceptional Circumstances Rules :

ESA Reg 29 for entry to The WRAG (LCW)

PLUS Post 28/01/13 Amendment of :

(3) Paragraph (2)(b) does not apply where the risk could be reduced by a significant amount by—

(a)reasonable adjustments being made in the claimant’s workplace;

or

(b)the claimant taking medication to manage the claimant’s condition where such medication has been prescribed for the claimant by a registered medical practitioner treating the claimant.”.

From : www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012/3096/regulation/3/made

&

ESA Reg 35 for entry to The SG (LCWRA)

As it is the descriptors above which are used by ATOS and The DWP DM to decided whether or not you qualify for The WRAG, and The SG, it should be those that are referred to.

Try not to lead the G.P., you could blank out the points on the WRAG descriptors.

You could ask your G.P. which of the descriptors apply to your own limitations, rather than telling them which ones you think apply.

The G.P. could reference your medical condition giving details of diagnosis, etc, then give details of the limitations suffered by you as a result of the medical condition, then cross reference this to the WRAG/SG Activity/Descriptor that they feel apply to you.

e.g. For someone with mobility problems taking into account that it is not only walking that is involved, it is also the use of a manual wheelchair unaided, they could give details as in the paragraph above, then tie those to Activity/Descriptor 1. of The WRAG and/or SG Descriptors, whichever is applicable.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by .

More
10 years 5 months ago #114023 by Buckie
Replied by Buckie on topic doctor wants £75 for medical report!?
Lavinia

I don’t include any extra medical information with my claims (and have been successful for DLA and ESA) I do however include my GP’s, and the Surgeons contact details on my claims. Putting the ball in their court, as if asked at an Appeal I would simply say I couldn’t afford the high rates being charged by doctors and other professionals that could back up my claim ! It also shows that the DWP or the Decision maker has the information in front f him if he wants to ask for further information. Again at an Appeal, this could go in your favour if the DWP were asked why they hadn’t contacted at least my doctor !

My Appeal was on physical, I don't know about the mental side of claims though !

Make sure this report tells it as it is regarding what you are trying to tell them and of course it meets the descriptors you need !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lavinia

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.