× Members

pip query

• keanda
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #116971 by keanda
pip query was created by keanda
Well I completed the first part of making my application for PIP this morning. We printed out the PIP1 form and I had all relevant information to hand. Everything seemed to go ok and then I was asked if I had any memory, depression, anxiety problems as per the end of the form. I will be applying because of physical difficulties but I informed them that I am on a variety of medication and it affects my concentration/memory. I was told at end of form that my application starts from today and that the DWP will phone me in 2 weeks and then they will send out the application form and I was told that I had 30 days from today to get the form back to them. He also missed out the question about whether I wanted to be contacted by phone or in writing. I thought he had given me misinformation and asked if he could repeat the bit about phoning me in 14 days and then sending out the form but he repeated it exactly the same as before. He told me that they only collect the information and to contact DWP on the 0845 number if I need any further help. I don't want to deal with them on the phone and if they don't send the form off until after the phone call it doesn't leave much time to get the form completed and medical evidence together. This isnt what I was expecting, I thought I would get form out and have 30 days to complete.
Should I just give it a to the start of the week and see if I get the form in of should i phone the 0845 number on Monday/Tuesday. It's got me worked up and anxious
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #116976 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip query
keanda

I have had a look through several PIP Claim guides and I cannot see any requirement for the DWP to contact you again prior to their sending out the PIP2 claim form, with the one exception of your not meeting the minimum requirements for receiving the benefit, for example; you have not had your current problems for three or would not be expected to have them for a further nine months.

As far as I am aware the next contact you will have from the DWP is the delivery of the "How your disability affects you" form. I would check the date it need to be returned by as I would expect you to only have four weeks, not 30 days to complete and return it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 2 months ago #116978 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic pip query
Gordon,

Just to clarify would his be four weeks from receipt of the form, or from initial contact or some other time?

More
10 years 2 months ago #116979 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip query

Puccalove wrote: Gordon,

Just to clarify would his be four weeks from receipt of the form, or from initial contact or some other time?

The DWP operate a standard policy for completion dates that is based on the date of the letter that accompanies the form, however, that letter should also have a specific date by which the form has to be returned by.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: keanda , Puccalove

• keanda
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117182 by keanda
Replied by keanda on topic pip query
Hi,
Thank you for the replies. Its been 6 days since I phoned and completed the PIP1 form, as yet there is not sign of the PIP2 form coming in, can anyone advise if this is the norm or whether I should give them a call to chase it up?
As mentioned in my earlier post I was told that I would have 30 days from the date I made the initial call (I know its 28 days to complete the form and that I was given wrong info). I am concerned that by the time I get the form it won't leave me enough time to get it filled out and evidence sent off. Can I phone them once the form arrives and get them to extend the 28 days from the date I receive the form?

Just had an appointment at pain clinic and asked about a letter of support but advised that they would advise me to get copies of all the letters and documents that the GP has on file for me. I know you can request copies etc from medical records but how do I go about doing this?
thanks
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by .

10 years 2 months ago #117183 by
Replied by on topic pip query

keanda wrote: Hi,
Thank you for the replies. Its been 6 days since I phoned and completed the PIP1 form, as yet there is not sign of the PIP2 form coming in, can anyone advise if this is the norm or whether I should give them a call to chase it up?
As mentioned in my earlier post I was told that I would have 30 days from the date I made the initial call (I know its 28 days to complete the form and that I was given wrong info). I am concerned that by the time I get the form it won't leave me enough time to get it filled out and evidence sent off. Can I phone them once the form arrives and get them to extend the 28 days from the date I receive the form?

Just had an appointment at pain clinic and asked about a letter of support but advised that they would advise me to get copies of all the letters and documents that the GP has on file for me. I know you can request copies etc from medical records but how do I go about doing this?
thanks

Hi k,

As with the ESA50, you should be given 28 days from receipt of the PIP2 to return it.

The accompanying letter should confirm this with the deadline date for return.

If you are not given the 28 days, you could challenge it.

To obtain copies of your G.P. records, which should include any letters of referral to clinics/consultants, you can make a request at your G.P. reception.

Some practices provide these on a password protected CD.

There will be a charge, which can be variable from practice to practice.

If this is too expensive, you could request to view your records, and simply have the relevant extracts copied for you.

You can also obtain Hospital Records, etc.

Contacting PALS at the Hospital in question will help here.

Again there will be a charge.

See :

Requesting your medical records

&

Charging for medical records

For the future, if you have to see any Hospital Consultants, or attend clinics, you can make a verbal request that you are copied in on any post consultation letters to your G.P.

You do not have to make a written request for this, and there is no charge.

If you have any problems contact PALS.

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.