× Members

pip query

More
10 years 1 month ago #117877 by annief
Replied by annief on topic pip query
I asked for a replacement form for someone when they misplaced it and was told they would not send out another one. Luckily we had identified them as a vulnerable person when we made the initial claim and it was then referred directly for a medical assesssment, so the claim was not closed down because she never returned the PIP2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Puccalove

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #117881 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic pip query
Annief,

Scary stuff, think I will encourage all my clients to state they are vulnerable when making initial call.

Keanda,

When I fill in forms for people I am careful to only put the relevant info in a clear and concise way. You have to bear in mind that staff do not have a lot of time to read these forms and are likely to scan read. Also as for supporting evidence, it a unlikely to be accepted if it is over a year old.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)

• keanda
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago #117888 by keanda
Replied by keanda on topic pip query
Thanks for quick replies.
Just got off the phone, lady said that she would issue a second form.
She told me that they had posted out a reminder but just to ignore it and to be reassured that the 2 week extension is on their system.
I will make sure I hold onto the current form and will start to make up the additional information that I want just in case.
I know that it is a new benefit and not a great deal of information back yet but person who helped suggested just sending the current medical information and proof that I was in ESA support group think I need to leave out the other information going back over the years, think I need to go over B&W guide again and then decide.
Lastly, if I do another form including the information the social worker helped with, in the event that I am turned down would they still help me if I have to go to appeal. (Sorry to be so negative but that's just how I am feeling)

• keanda
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago #117893 by keanda
Replied by keanda on topic pip query
Thanks for the reply.
I take on board what you are saying and the form has been filled out much better that I have started it. Looking at mine its trying to get all the information down and to keep re-iterating what the problems and difficulties are and it is certainly not as easy to follow, so I will take a leaf out of his book when filling out the next form.
I guess when you compare it to the amount of information and detail that goes into the DLA form that this one would appear easier and less detailed and that is a bit of a worry because it isn't taking on board all the help you need. (hope that makes sense, brain is a bit "fuzzy" with the meds today.
I will go with what you say with regards to only sending information that is less than 1 year old.
Wondering if I should be saying about ESA support group, but then nothing on this form is different to the information I have already given them. I guess at the back of my head is if they decide I don't qualify for PIP then they will automatically re-assess for ESA.

More
10 years 1 month ago #117924 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic pip query
Sorry I did not get back to you earlier today, glad you are still online.

I am afraid I cannot predict how your social worker will react to you filling in a new form. But if they refuse to help you with any necessary appeal you can always seek advice from another organisation such as CAB. It may be diplomatic to tell them what you have done in case you do have to appeal.

I would mention that you are in the Support Group for ESA, despite the fact that they have different criteria, as it cannot hurt. You should not assume that staff reading your PIP form will have access to info regarding your ESA claim.

I see no reason why refusal of PIP should have any effect on your ESA claim. PIP is a new benefit but I have no experience of this happening with DLA refusals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: keanda

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.