× Members

pip query

• keanda
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117280 by keanda
Replied by keanda on topic pip query
Hi
Thanks again for reply. Got my PIP2 form in on Saturday requesting that it be returned on the 7th March. Gave them a call and they have extended it by 2 weeks for me. Stupidly I didn't ask if they could send me confirmation of this, should I be concerned or will this be ok.

Contacted my GP surgery on Friday to ask about getting copies of referral letters etc. They took my name down and asked which GP I normally saw and said they would put the request into her in-box. My GP retired in the summer but did a hand over to the new GP and I have seen her since but obviously not for as long. I am currently under the consultant at the pain management clinic and had a review last week, I asked if they could give me a letter of support but was told that it would be better for GP to give me copies of all correspondence they have had with regards to my care. Is it normal for me to have to speak to GP in order to get the correspondence or should I maybe put it in writing to the office manager.

You mention in your reply bro58 that I can contact PALS at the hospital but I don't know what PALS is could you tell me what it stands for.
Thanks for all the help and guidance
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117282 by
Replied by on topic pip query

keanda wrote: Hi
Thanks again for reply. Got my PIP2 form in on Saturday requesting that it be returned on the 7th March. Gave them a call and they have extended it by 2 weeks for me. Stupidly I didn't ask if they could send me confirmation of this, should I be concerned or will this be ok.

Contacted my GP surgery on Friday to ask about getting copies of referral letters etc. They took my name down and asked which GP I normally saw and said they would put the request into her in-box. My GP retired in the summer but did a hand over to the new GP and I have seen her since but obviously not for as long. I am currently under the consultant at the pain management clinic and had a review last week, I asked if they could give me a letter of support but was told that it would be better for GP to give me copies of all correspondence they have had with regards to my care. Is it normal for me to have to speak to GP in order to get the correspondence or should I maybe put it in writing to the office manager.

You mention in your reply bro58 that I can contact PALS at the hospital but I don't know what PALS is could you tell me what it stands for.
Thanks for all the help and guidance

Hi k,

Yes, it would be advisable to obtain written confirmation of any extension in writing.

Otherwise, what proof do you have ?

You could have been speaking to anybody on the phone.

You should not have to gain permission from your G.P., they cannot refuse, this is a request for personal information under The Data Protection Act 1998.

You generally have to fill a form in at the G.P. reception desk, to make a formal request.

PALS = Patient Advice and Liaison Service :

www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1082.aspx?CategoryID=68

They can generally help with any problems that you may have in the Hospital that you attend.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by . Reason: "not"

• keanda
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117292 by keanda
I did get the ladies name but I realised after coming off the phone that I probably should have asked for written confirmation or at least an email confirming the extension.
Thanks again
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by .

10 years 2 months ago #117296 by
Replied by on topic pip query

keanda wrote: I did get the ladies name but I realised after coming off the phone that I probably should have asked for written confirmation or at least an email confirming the extension.
Thanks again

Hi k,

Having someone's name does not confirm the content of the conversation. although some calls are recorded.

Unfortunately, there is so much misinformation being given out orally over the phone, that the days when this type of information could be relied upon are long gone.

You could ring up again and ask for written confirmation.

It may also be advisable to write a letter giving details of the time, date and person that you spoke to, and that you were informed that you are to be given a 2 week extension.

I would also note the date of the accompanying letter that came with the PIP 2, and the date that you received it and the return deadline date.

If you simply return the PIP 2 by the new deadline, there is a possibility that it will not be accepted.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

I would post this letter ASAP, as well as recontacting them.

bro58

• keanda
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #117875 by keanda
Hi
I have phoned a further 2 times regarding the extension. The 2nd lady said that they absolutely do not send out letters but that it is put into the system and that will amend the date it should be returned.
Phoned again a few days later and asked them to go into file and confirm which date I needed the form back for! The man did state that it would be different from the date I initially have on the letter and that he would work it out for me. He told me it was due back on 31/3, my concentration and memory are terrible at the moment because of medication but I asked hubby if he could remember the date I told him and he said the 21/3 so I think I will be making a further call and asking for either an e-mail or letter.

My question today is (trying to keep everything in one area with posts)
I had an appointment at the local social work to get help filling out the form, I did as asked and had started completing as much as I could using the B&W guide. The person who helped me was nice and completed the form but it was more like bullet points, there isn't a great deal of information compared to what I was doing also I have lots of supporting evidence going back over the years but he has said just to send the current letter and to let them know that I am in the support group for ESA.
The part I have filled out isn't reading great and is full of mistakes (terrible concentration caused by medication).
Does anyone know if I am entitled to ask for another form?
thanks
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #117876 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip query

keanda wrote: The part I have filled out isn't reading great and is full of mistakes (terrible concentration caused by medication).
Does anyone know if I am entitled to ask for another form?
thanks

You can ask, I am afrid that PIP is still too new for us to know how they will handle questions like this.

I can tell you that the form issued to a claimant is tied to the DWP computer systems by the barcodes printed on it, so you cannot substitute another form unless it is specifically issued by the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.