× Members

Is this the longest outstanding ESA50 renewal ?

• bro58
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118407 by bro58

Benson wrote: Yep, i just realised, it is the usual letter, shame.

I notice also on this fiorum someone else posted about getting their verdict from the same department as me in November (sent to ATOS the same month as me), and their verdict was without face to face. So given mine is 4 to 5 months on from this makes me feel I am in the actual queue for a F2F appointment as this would explain why the longer delay than usual. I didn't have a F2F for my previous 2 reneweals, so I guess perhaps it is inevitable they would bring me in this time.

Do you know though if a F2F would inflict a longer waiting time than those who get their forms done by a nurse or doctor without a F2F ? Or do they roughly take the same time ?

Hi B,

The fact that you have waited longer this time is probably unrelated to the fact that you may need a F2F or not.

It is probable that your ESA50 has not even been looked at yet.

More likely that it is down to the major backlogs that ATOS have with The ESA WCA.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...=10&id=100735#118349

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AaronL
10 years 1 month ago #118437 by AaronL
Another reason it may have been such a long time is that they have written to your GP for medical evidence and he hasn't supplied it.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118471 by gillyk59
I am also in a similar position. My form was returned and received by Atos on 16th August 2013. The only communication I have had is telling me what the April 2014/2015 rates are going to be and also another letter which was do to with the annual increase of my occupational pension. I rang the DWP helpline in December 2013 and was told that my ESA50 was still with Medical Services. It is now March and I have still heard nothing. I did notice that the letter which was sent regarding my occupational pension the amount they said I would receive as the Christmas bonus for Dec 2014, said £0.00 so this confirmed to me that my ESA50 is still in the system as I am still receiving my fortnightly payment. Everyday I expect the dreaded envelope calling me for a F2F, but I just keep thinking that no news is good news.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118473 by Gordon
Izzy

Eligibility for the Christmas Bonus is that a claimant is receiving a qualifying benefit in the first full week of December, so the DWP cannot confirm payment of the Bonus in any letter prior to that week.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118643 by LilacGem

Benson wrote: Do you know though if a F2F would inflict a longer waiting time than those who get their forms done by a nurse or doctor without a F2F ? Or do they roughly take the same time ?

I would also be interested to hear the answer to this (if there is one). I feel for you Benson, being kept dangling is horrible. I waited almost 6mnths for a decision last time w/o F2F but that was a transfer from IB.
Just started it all again but its only been 6wks so far.
Good luck with it
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118646 by Gordon
Cemily91

A face to face will extend the timescales.

The procedure is the same, all ESA50s will go through what is called the Scrutiny process, an ATOS doctor will review the ESA50 and any evidence to see whether a face to face is required or whether they can make a recommendation on what the have in front of them, if the former, then it goes to the central booking team to arrange an appointment which be subject to the availability of resources at your local ATOS office, if the latter then they will go back through the documents, complete and ESA85A and send the claimants file back to the DWP.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: pollenpath

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.