× Members

Esa queries

More
10 years 1 month ago #119203 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa queries
PJD

Providing you believe it to be supportive then there is no reason why you should not attach it to your ESA50.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pjd
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119206 by pjd
Replied by pjd on topic Esa queries
Thanks gordon,

I just dont know what to beileve anymore. I have tried to read up on things but the more I try the more confused I get.

It sounds supportive to me but I dont know if its what the dwp would find supportive if you know what I mean. Does it sound suitable to you or does it need to have more detail in it?

Sorry to hear that several mods are so poorly and I hope they get better soon.

Pj
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119210 by Gordon

pjd wrote: Thanks gordon,

I just dont know what to beileve anymore. I have tried to read up on things but the more I try the more confused I get.

It sounds supportive to me but I dont know if its what the dwp would find supportive if you know what I mean. Does it sound suitable to you or does it need to have more detail in it?

Sorry to hear that several mods are so poorly and I hope they get better soon.

Pj

We can provide information and clarification to the B&W members but we cannot offer personal advice, it is your claim, I am afraid that only you can decide whether to include the letter or not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• pjd
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119256 by pjd
Replied by pjd on topic Esa queries
Hi gordon,

I understand that you cannot provide personal advice.

I was just trying to get a idea of what information a home visit letter needs when being sent to the dwp. I was thinking along the lines of how you tell people that in medical letters of support that a letter saying 'not fit for work' is no good, but a letter saying that a letter saying the person is not capable of any work related activity or something like that is more helpful.

I just thought there had to be a similar thing that is best to put in a home visit letter or certain information that needs to be put in it.

Sorry if it sounds a bit confusing.

Px
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119264 by Gordon
PJD

A "home visit" letter needs to go to ATOS not the DWP as it is ATOS who will decide whether you are eligible for one or not.

The letter from your GP needs to explain why you cannot make the journey for an assessment at an ATOS HealthCare Centre, this could be because of physical limitations such as problems with mobilising, sitting and standing, etc., or mental health problems such agoraphobia or social anxiety, etc.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.