× Members

Esa queries

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119072 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa queries

pjd wrote: Hi gordon,

Do I need to take the sg and the wrag descriptors with me to my gp's?

Also I understand what you mean about the letters not necessarily containing the 'right' information. Can I ask you that when you say you used information from your medical records, was the whole letter used or did you use segments of it (if that makes sense), and was there was limit on how far back you went regarding the info on your medical records.

Thanks.

P

You should always supply the complete letter or report, failing to do so simply invites questions as to what is missing and why, this is why I could not use my own GP's letter.

There will be a tendency to give less weight to older reports, however, if you can also show that your condition has not changed or has indeed deteriorated in the interim then this should overcome this issue.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pjd
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago #119084 by pjd
Replied by pjd on topic Esa queries
Ok thanks.

Do I take both sg and wrag descriptors to my gp or will just one of them suffice.

Also the problems I have is having suffered from severe m.e. and fibromyalgia for many years. I have been through all the supposedly helpful psychological and graded exercise 'treatments they recommended but after you have had no improvements and continued to worsen they then dismiss you as they can no longer help you. Which leaves me with no 'current' medical letters and others which are from years ago. Im just not sure how to deal with this at all. :unsure:

Its all so very stressful.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119089 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Esa queries
I would take both sets of descriptors. The fact that you have no up to date medical evidence is a good reason to get a supporting letter. Letters that are over a year old are unlikely to be considered relevant.

• pjd
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119142 by pjd
Hi again,

Its such a relief to have a place where you can ask any question about things. Ive a couple more questions if thats ok.

1. on the question about going up and down two steps. Its not mentioned on the sg and wrag descriptors papers so does that mean that you do not get any points for it if you are unable to climb them?

2. Controlling bowels and bladder question - Im sure I have read somewhere in one of the guides that says you get more points for having incontinence monthly rather than weekly. Is this true and why is this?

3. When being transferred over from incapacity benefit to esa, are you classed a being a new claimant, or just a continuing one but under a different name.?

4. I have found my doctors are still refusing to provide supporting letters, and claiming that they are being overwhelmed with requests and just do not have the time to do these. I have told them that dwp rarely contact them but they still say they dont have time. It makes it very difficult for me, who is told that they need to provide supporting evidence along with their esa form. I have managed to get a home visit support letter but am unsure whether is contain the right information to be of help. It mostly just states ( that I suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia, which means that I am housebound and needs help with her most basic physical needs and mobility. Someone has to bring me downstairs as unable to do so myself, and when I do manage to go out which is rare, I feel exhausted and this results in several days in bed). There is other info. on it talking about my crohns and depression/ anxiety. Do you think it is still worth while sending it along with my

Sorry for rambling on.

P.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119144 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa queries
PJD

1. It's easy to miss

1(b) Cannot mount or descend two steps unaided by another person even with the support of a handrail. 9 points

2. It's the other way around :)

Monthly counts towards the WRAG
Weekly for the Support Group

3. To be honest it is a bit of both. It is a new claim for ESA but there is no waiting period and there is no Assessment period. It is a continuation claim as you are classed as meeting the Contribution Requirements through your IB claim.

4. If you are hoping to have a home assessment then the GP letter is required as ATOS are extremely unlikely to allow one without it.

On the more general question of evidence, you or your nominated agent can look through your medical records at the GP surgery, these should contain any report or letters that have been produced as a result of your treatment.

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• pjd
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119196 by pjd
Thanks again gordon for the advice. My scrambled brain much appreciates it. :)

One last thing about the home visit letter from my gp. Would what my gp has put in the letter be sufficient enough to send to the dwp. It mostly just states " that I suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia, which means that I am housebound and needs help with her most basic physical needs and mobility. Someone has to bring me downstairs as unable to do so myself, and when I do manage to go out which is rare, I feel exhausted and this results in several days in bed". There is other info. on it talking about my crohns and depression/ anxiety etc.

Pj.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.