× Members

Holiday

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119351 by twink
Holiday was created by twink
I am on ESA in the support group and on higher rate DLA for care and mobility and I am considering visiting a relative in Southern Ireland who has been and still very ill. Can you tell me the necessary procedure for telling the DWP about this trip. My recent DLA letter giving the annual update of rates etc, said I only have to advise them if I am out of the country for more than 28 days (I plan to be away 10 - 14 days) but am not sure if ESA support group is different.
Thank you for your help.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by slugsta.
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 1 month ago #119353 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Holiday
Hi twink,

ESA claimants, in both groups, are required to notify DWP of even one night spent away from home.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119356 by Mags
Replied by Mags on topic Holiday
Hello B&W

Do you just ring the DWP and tell them, we are taking a well earned holiday abroad this year, my hubby has cancer and while in remission, and works hard he feels he needs one and won't leave me behind!

Thanks
Mags
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.
More
10 years 1 month ago #119362 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Holiday

Mags wrote: Hello B&W

Do you just ring the DWP and tell them, we are taking a well earned holiday abroad this year, my hubby has cancer and while in remission, and works hard he feels he needs one and won't leave me behind!

Thanks
Mags

I would write to them well in advance of your holiday.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: BBMECFS, slugsta, Mags
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119380 by twink
Replied by twink on topic Holiday
Thank you for your responses. I have a couple of more questions please.
Who/what address do I write to?
Is there a specific form to fill in that I can down load?
Do I have to ask and receive permission or do I just need to advice the DWP?
Many thanks
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.
More
10 years 1 month ago #119382 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Holiday

twink wrote: Thank you for your responses. I have a couple of more questions please.
Who/what address do I write to?
Is there a specific form to fill in that I can down load?
Do I have to ask and receive permission or do I just need to advice the DWP?
Many thanks

Write to the DWP office(s) that deal with your claim, the address should be on any letter that you have received from them.

There is no standard form, juts say that you will be away from your normal place of residence from xx to yy.

You do not need their permission, you just need to inform them :)

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: twink
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.