× Members

ESA Telephone Review?

More
9 years 11 months ago #120975 by The Seal
Replied by The Seal on topic ESA Telephone Review?
Hi, thanks to everyone who replied and helped put my mind at ease.

The woman I spoke to was kind and told me it was just a random check. There were a few gotcha questions thrown in there – especially with regards to co-habitation, but the whole process was pretty easy.

However, I have now received a letter generated on the date of the call saying:

'A CHANGE IN THE EMPLOYMENT AND SUPPORT ALLOWANCE RATE PAYABLE

We looked at your claim again following a recent change.

From 25 April 2014 your employment and Support Allowance will be £123.70 a week.

This is because of:

a change in money coming in.

a change in savings.'

The ESA rates haven't changed at all. I'm still in support group, but I'm bemused by the fact it says I've had a change of money coming in and savings, as I stated there were no changes in my finances during the call.

Does this stated change in finances thing count as a change of circumstances?

I was an existing claimant before the deferment deadline, so thought I was safe from the dreaded ESA50 for a while.

Can someone be kind enough to confirm whether this is something to worry about or not?

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.