× Members

ESA Telephone Review?

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #120554 by The Seal
Replied by The Seal on topic ESA Telephone Review?

Gordon wrote:

The Seal wrote: Ah, that explains it then.

The only extra income I've had is a few hundred quids worth of personal stuff on ebay to pay for xmas. I can't see how that's going to cause any issues. Should I even bother bring it up?

There is no requirement for you to volunteer information, however conversely, you can be penalised for withholding information so I would wait and see what you are asked about and respond accordingly.

Gordon

Thanks again. I'll keep my mouth shut unless they start asking about extra income around xmas time.

Also, they're asking for my details 'as of' 25/04/14, so could this just be a routine check. Surely if they suspected a problem they'd ask me to go back further?
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #120556 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Telephone Review?

The Seal wrote: Thanks again. I'll keep my mouth shut unless they start asking about extra income around xmas time.

Also, they're asking for my details 'as of' 25/04/14, so could this just be a routine check. Surely if they suspected a problem they'd ask me to go back further?

Most of these calls/visits result in no further action, in fact several members have reported that the DWP staff have been embarrassed for the worry they have caused.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Seal

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #120642 by laura.dorans
Replied by laura.dorans on topic ESA Telephone Review?
ATOS phoned me yesterday but I couldn't take the phone call so told them to phone me back another day and they said they would today but no phone call and now am worried but I now feel a bit relieved that I wasn't the only one to get a phone call

scottishlemonade
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by .

9 years 11 months ago #120646 by
Replied by on topic ESA Telephone Review?

scottishfruits wrote: ATOS phoned me yesterday but I couldn't take the phone call so told them to phone me back another day and they said they would today but no phone call and now am worried but I now feel a bit relieved that I wasn't the only one to get a phone call

Hi sf,

If it was ATOS it would not be a Compliance Interview to review your financial situation and your entitlement to benefit.

Only the DWP carry out such interviews.

ATOS only deal with the medical assessment side of PIP, ESA, etc.

Are you expecting to hear regarding an appointment for a face to face assessment for PIP/ESA/DLA ?

If it was to arrange a face to face they will have to inform you in writing giving you at least 7 days notice of any such appointment.

bro58

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #120649 by laura.dorans
Replied by laura.dorans on topic ESA Telephone Review?
i never got a medical in the first year of ESA and at the end of October i received an ES50 which was filled in and sent back but i have heard of nothing since then

scottishlemonade

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #120651 by
Replied by on topic ESA Telephone Review?

scottishfruits wrote: i never got a medical in the first year of ESA and at the end of October i received an ES50 which was filled in and sent back but i have heard of nothing since then

Hi sf,

If you filled in and returned the ESA50 in October 2013, it is possible that the phone call could be to arrange a face to face.

It is only reassessments for existing ESA recipients who had not already started the reassessment process prior to January 20th 2014 that are being deferred.

If it is an appointment, they will have to inform you in writing, or you could contact The WCA Customer Services via their website:

www.atoshealthcare.com/claimants

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.