× Members

2 Year Wait!

More
9 years 10 months ago #122566 by Hunster
Replied by Hunster on topic 2 Year Wait!
Do you think I'd be able to send my ESA50 and medical evidence to them via email? I have both my ESA50 and all evidence as .pdf files - or do you think they'll insist on sending it via post?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122567 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 2 Year Wait!

Natt wrote: Do you think I'd be able to send my ESA50 and medical evidence to them via email? I have both my ESA50 and all evidence as .pdf files - or do you think they'll insist on sending it via post?

If it was the DWP then I would say no, but ATOS may accept it, but even if you do I would still send a copy by post. If you have created any additional pages make sure that they include your full name and your National Insurance Number and that they have page numbering in the form "page x of y" so it is easy to identify if any are missing.

I'm not sure what email address you could use, you would need to contact them on the Customer line and see what they say.

Contact ATOS

Phone: 0800 2888 777 or 0113 230 9175

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hunster

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
9 years 10 months ago #122568 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic 2 Year Wait!
I've e-mailed attachments to Atos for DLA clients and they've accepted them in the past.

However, on more than one occasion they said they never received my e-mail nor the attachments. After those episodes, I now use Recorded Delivery, which can be tracked on the Royal Mail website.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 10 months ago #122580 by Hunster
I've written a cover letter/email, I just wondered if somebody out there could check it for me as I have problems with words and such, luckily I have a program that catches most of the nonsense I write but it always misses some of it! Thank you!

I have my address to the left and then to whom it may concern

I am writing to you concerning my application for Employment Support Allowance benefit. I received a letter from ATOS dated 11th June to attend a medical on July 9th at Gloucester Jobcentre Plus. At the time I was not sure to which benefit the medical was referring so I contacted ATOS at the number provided on the letter and was informed it was in relation to an ESA50 form that I return in late 2012. I informed the call handler that my medical needs have changed significantly since then and that the information on the ESA50 they hold is completely incorrect – even my home address. I asked to whether I could supply up to date information and I was denied. They just advised that I gather as much medical evidence as possible (at my cost of course)

Subsequent to this telephone conversation I have gone on to find a copy of the form with no outside help from either ATOS or DWP and I have now filled in a new up to date ESA50 and would like it to be read, assessed and then decided, based on this ESA50 and the evidence supplied with it, whether I need a medical, and if I do the doctor, or other health care professional assessor has this up to date version of the form and all evidence.

I am also sending this information to you via post as well as by email, although I would prefer contact via email.

Yours Sincerely

Name
NI Number
Email Address

More
9 years 10 months ago #122583 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 2 Year Wait!
Hi Natt

I would recommend these changes

"I was not sure to which benefit" => "I was not sure as to which benefit"

"I asked to whether I could supply up to date information" => "I asked to whether I could supply up to date information" => "I asked whether I could supply up to date information"

"would like it to be read, assessed and then decided, based on this ESA50 and the evidence supplied with it, whether I need a medical" => "would like this new ESA50 and the evidence attached to be read and assessed as to whether I now need a medical"

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 10 months ago #122588 by Hunster
Thank you Gordon I've made those changes, I'm just glad there wasn't random words like dinosaur when I meant information - that's what usually happens (and is documented in the communications part of the ESA50 form!)
Will it be OK to use as a cover letter to email to ATOS, post to ATOS and post to DWP now?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.