× Members

SDA-ESA: Successful Outcome

• bro58
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #125829 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic SDA-ESA: Successful Outcome

MariW wrote: I’ve just noticed the breakdown of payments on my own Decision Letter. The weekly sum is 123.70 and is broken down as follows:

• £72.40 Living expenses
• £87.95 Extra money because of Disability Income Guarantee
• £35.75 Support Group component

This amounts to £196.10 !

What on earth?

Mari

Hi MW,

Yes, £123.70 is what one would expect to receive if in The SG and entitled to The EDP for being in the SG and having entitlement to IR ESA. :

"£72.40 - Personal Allowance
£35.75 - Support Group
£15.55 - Enhanced Disability Premium (aka Disability Income Guarantee)
=====
£123.70"

As you were previously in receipt of SDA, you would be entitled to, and paid CB ESA:

What will I be transferred to?

Remember, if you were previously in receipt of SDA with Income Support (IS) top-ups, then you would be paid CB ESA with IR ESA top ups on transfer to ESA.

You are covered by Transitional Protection on transfer :

What will I be paid?

Is the figure that you quote, more than you were previously receiving ?

Are you also entitled to The Severe Disability Premium, as you fulfill the criteria below?:

ESA Premiums

All "ESA Premium" payments are covered under "The Disability Income Guarantee"

However, the surplus amount from the figure that you quote does not seem to tally with payment of The EDP & The SDP.

EDP (Single) = £15.55

SDP (Single) = £61.10

£196.10 - £123.70 = £72.40

The surplus amount seems to be exactly £72.40 which coincides with The ESA Personal Allowance for a single over 25 year old.

My best advice would be to contact ESA if you feel that your payments are wrong.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #125832 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic SDA-ESA: Successful Outcome
I was paid approximately £119 per week when on SDA/ IS. The person that telephoned through with the Decision last week said there was a tiny increase. It adds up but the way it is expression in the Decision letter is a shambles. However, the letter states the figure of £123.70 three times so I pray there won't be any overpayment.

M

More
9 years 5 months ago #125833 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic SDA-ESA: Successful Outcome

MariW wrote: I think I get it now:

£87.9 (instead of £72.40) = living expenses plus Disability Income Guarantee
£35.75 Support Group component
Total: £123.70

I’m not sure whether to blame my wits or theirs

M

I've seen this problem several times on B&W and other forums over the last few weeks.

They have added the Personal Allowance into the Extra Money again (£72.40 + £15.55 = £87.95), this is incorrect and whilst it should not matter I would be tempted to ask for a corrected payment letter in case you need to show it to anybody and they calculate the total for themselves and think you are being more than you are.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

More
9 years 5 months ago #125834 by MariW
I'm working in out like this:

£87.9 (instead of £72.40) living expenses plus Disability Income Guarantee
£35.75 Support Group component
Total: £123.70

More
9 years 5 months ago #125835 by MariW
Brilliant! :) Thanks, Gordon, for confirming I've worked it out correctly at last. What a way they go about things!

Mari

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #126557 by MariW
It is 33 calendar days since I submitted a Subject Access Request following my ESA award. I sent the SAR by recorded delivery and have a printout showing it was signed for the following morning. Perhaps I’m being over pessimistic but I’ve got a feeling it might be a case of no show.

Two queries:

1. How long after 40 calendar days ought I to wait before writing to the DWP again?
2. What on earth do I write in a covering letter attached to a copy of SAR to get the DWP moving?

Mari W
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.