× Members

esa- reassessment for 1st time

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 1 month ago #127912 by bisley
esa- reassessment for 1st time was created by bisley
I am catastrophising about my reassessment which is due in July this year. I need to prepare a form 50 and believe the form is due to change but that the format will be the same except that the form will require supporting medical evidence to be sent with it. When will this change take effect?
So that I can try and make a start, I will use the existing form 53 as a draft. Is the current version of the form dated April 2014?
Is it possible (or even wise) to try and find out if the form 53 will be sent out in July. I believe that reassessments have been suspended.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #127928 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa- reassessment for 1st time

bisley wrote: I am catastrophising about my reassessment which is due in July this year. I need to prepare a form 50 and believe the form is due to change but that the format will be the same except that the form will require supporting medical evidence to be sent with it. When will this change take effect?
So that I can try and make a start, I will use the existing form 53 as a draft. Is the current version of the form dated April 2014?
Is it possible (or even wise) to try and find out if the form 53 will be sent out in July. I believe that reassessments have been suspended.

Hi b,

Yes, the most current ESA50 is ESA50 04/14 which can be downloaded from the link on this page :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

You should refer to the guides on this page when filling it in :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

The only statement that the DWP have made is that the "new" ESA50 will be launched in "early 2015"

As you rightly state, the qualifying criteria and questions will not be changed.

The amendment to The ESA50 will be with regarding advice given to claimants on what type of evidence they may wish to send with their ESA50 to aid their WCA.

Please be assured that we will let the members know when the amended ESA50 is launched and the ESA Claims Guides will be updated accordingly.

It should be perfectly feasible to copy/cut and paste over your information from the current ESA50 to the "new one".

Obviously, some amendments may be necessary to make the information "current".

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #127932 by bisley
Replied by bisley on topic esa- reassessment for 1st time
Thanks Bro58 for your reply, including links is so helpful.
With regard to my question asking if I can find out if the forms are due to be sent out in July, is there an email address that I can use? I suspect that it is too early and that I will have to wait for Maximus to be up and running. Do you have any information?

• bro58
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #127933 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa- reassessment for 1st time

bisley wrote: Thanks Bro58 for your reply, including links is so helpful.
With regard to my question asking if I can find out if the forms are due to be sent out in July, is there an email address that I can use? I suspect that it is too early and that I will have to wait for Maximus to be up and running. Do you have any information?

Hi b,

With regards to your potential reassessment in July, and the current situations regarding deferment of reassessments, we don't have any further information regarding this other than : Here. (in case you have not already read it)

We do not have any contact details for Maximus, yet, as they are not taking over The ESA WCA until March 2015.

As it is The DWP who re-refer you to "Medical Services" (ATOS or Maximus) for your reassessment, your only other option would be to contact The DWP and ask what date they have down on your file for a re-referral. (Reassessment)

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA.

Once re-referred to which ever medical services are dealing with The ESA WCA at that time, they will send the most current ESA50 to you.

You will simply have to check that The PDf Version that you have is the corresponding version to the hard copy ESA50 that you receive through the post.

You can then save, print off and post The PDf Version, and discard the paper version.

bro58

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #127940 by bisley
Replied by bisley on topic esa- reassessment for 1st time
Thanks Bro58 for your reply. I do not wish to contact the DWP by phone, my original claim was dealt with by letter. It seems likely because of the backlog, that the form will be sent out later but if I do decide to write to the DWP to ask about the situation, do I write to the same address that dealt with my original claim?
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 3 months ago #127941 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa- reassessment for 1st time

bisley wrote: Thanks Bro58 for your reply. I do not wish to contact the DWP by phone, my original claim was dealt with by letter. It seems likely because of the backlog, that the form will be sent out later but if I do decide to write to the DWP to ask about the situation, do I write to the same address that dealt with my original claim?

You should write to the address on the last letter you had in regard to your ESA from the DWP, this will be the office managing your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.