× Members

esa- reassessment for 1st time

More
9 years 1 month ago #132659 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa- reassessment for 1st time

bisley wrote: Gordon,

Nearly 3 weeks ago , you referred my post to the Office. I said that I could not find the "detailed guide to Work-Focused Interviews". There is a link to this on page 9 of the guide to ESA but this does not work. What is happening, please?

Sorry I haven't got back to you before this. The original guide was taken down because it did not cover the issue of sanctions, which were introduced after the guide was published, Steve is looking at whether it can easily be updated, but has been on holiday, so I don't have any up to date information.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bisley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133653 by bisley
Replied by bisley on topic esa- reassessment for 1st time
Gordon

You posted over 2 weeks ago that Steve had returned from holiday and was considering whether the detailed work-focused interview guide could be up-dated. What is the latest position, please?

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133667 by Gordon

bisley wrote: Gordon

You posted over 2 weeks ago that Steve had returned from holiday and was considering whether the detailed work-focused interview guide could be up-dated. What is the latest position, please?

Sorry I though I had left an answer, obviously not :blush: :blush: :blush:

Steve does not believe that the current WFI guide can be updated, there are too many issues related to sanctions to make it sensible.

Sorry for the delay.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133671 by bisley
Thank you for your reply. I know I am getting ahead of myself but I know if I am required to have a Work-Focused Interview even if someone accompanies me, I will be so anxious that I will not follow all that is being said to me. I had hoped to be able to read about what to expect and see any forms that you Guide would have hopefully provided. As this is no longer possible, Could I ask that any forms and written information are provided to me in advance of the appointment on the basis that this is a reasonable adjustment under the Equality Act or alternatively that I can go away after the interview and take the forms away with me and consider whether I need more information before completing and returning the forms in my own time. I am afraid that I may be pressurised at the interview to commit myself to something that will harm my health

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133676 by Gordon
bisley

I don't think there are many forms involved and most would be filled out at the WFI but I don't think there will be an issue with you requesting advanced copies, especially if your refer to the Equality Act, you should also make it clear that you will not be able to sign anything on the day due to the problems you may have during any meeting and that the advisor must make allowances for this.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: bisley

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #141990 by bisley
I was due to be re-assessed for the first time in September 2015. I had a letter from a branch of Jobcentreplus written 3 years ago to say that an ESA form 50 would be despatched to me in July 2015. I went to the CAB a few months before this and was told that my re-assessment was still scheduled for September 2015. I have seen posts where members have approached the DWP and been told that their re-assessment has been deferred. I plucked up courage and went to the CAB a few days ago. They rang the DWP on the telephone number Gordon gave me in a previous post. I heard the CAB adviser say September 2016 on the phone but he wrote down September 2017 on the piece of paper he supplied to me. He confirmed that I had been deferred. I was so anxious that as usual I just wanted to escape so I stupidly did not query whether he had written down the correct date. I need to have written confirmation from the DWP for peace of mind. Do I write to the same Jobcentreplus that wrote to me 3 years ago giving me my prognosis and telling me when I would be re-assessed. Where do I write please?
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.