× Members

esa- reassessment for 1st time

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago #141999 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa- reassessment for 1st time

bisley wrote: I was due to be re-assessed for the first time in September 2015. I had a letter from a branch of Jobcentreplus written 3 years ago to say that an ESA form 50 would be despatched to me in July 2015. I went to the CAB a few months before this and was told that my re-assessment was still scheduled for September 2015. I have seen posts where members have approached the DWP and been told that their re-assessment has been deferred. I plucked up courage and went to the CAB a few days ago. They rang the DWP on the telephone number Gordon gave me in a previous post. I heard the CAB adviser say September 2016 on the phone but he wrote down September 2017 on the piece of paper he supplied to me. He confirmed that I had been deferred. I was so anxious that as usual I just wanted to escape so I stupidly did not query whether he had written down the correct date. I need to have written confirmation from the DWP for peace of mind. Do I write to the same Jobcentreplus that wrote to me 3 years ago giving me my prognosis and telling me when I would be re-assessed. Where do I write please?

Hi b,

You should write to the address on your most recent ESA letter, this should include "Wolverhampton" in the address, no matter where you live.

See : This Topic.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

If you are not confident that you have the current address, you could re-contact CAB for it, or ask someone else to ring ESA for you, as long as you are present to give your permission.

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA. (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.