× Members

esa- reassessment for 1st time

• bro58
8 years 7 months ago #141999 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa- reassessment for 1st time

bisley wrote: I was due to be re-assessed for the first time in September 2015. I had a letter from a branch of Jobcentreplus written 3 years ago to say that an ESA form 50 would be despatched to me in July 2015. I went to the CAB a few months before this and was told that my re-assessment was still scheduled for September 2015. I have seen posts where members have approached the DWP and been told that their re-assessment has been deferred. I plucked up courage and went to the CAB a few days ago. They rang the DWP on the telephone number Gordon gave me in a previous post. I heard the CAB adviser say September 2016 on the phone but he wrote down September 2017 on the piece of paper he supplied to me. He confirmed that I had been deferred. I was so anxious that as usual I just wanted to escape so I stupidly did not query whether he had written down the correct date. I need to have written confirmation from the DWP for peace of mind. Do I write to the same Jobcentreplus that wrote to me 3 years ago giving me my prognosis and telling me when I would be re-assessed. Where do I write please?

Hi b,

You should write to the address on your most recent ESA letter, this should include "Wolverhampton" in the address, no matter where you live.

See : This Topic.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

If you are not confident that you have the current address, you could re-contact CAB for it, or ask someone else to ring ESA for you, as long as you are present to give your permission.

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA. (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris